I'm using a turn-based grid battle. I'd like to add a Use Cost to a move action, but I don't see any easy way to do that. All I can think of is redefining my own move action as an ability, to make use of the ability Use Cost, but that doesn't seem very straight forward to do. Is there any easier way to apply a Use Cost to a move?

On a related subject, is there a way to have multiple variant move action options? For example, I want to have a standard move, and a stealthy move that is reduced distance and boosts a "Hide" status value. The only way I can think to do that is have a zero-cost ability that adjusts the status values, and then the move separately. But is there a way to combine those status value changes directly into the move action?

Thx!
  • No, only abilities have use costs. The only thing you can set up is the action cost (actions per turn). So, yeah, you'd have to do this via an ability. While you could e.g. reduce status values in the battle event animating the grid move, that'd not prevent the use when there's not enough left.

A separate stealth move isn't possible, so you'd have to go via the ability to enter a stealth mode, reducing move range, etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Kk, thx for the quick replies.
  • Carrying on with turn-based grid battle movement... I'd like to allow multiple move actions per turn, but with the full Default Move Range value available per action, rather than being a limit per turn. Is there any straightforward way to do that?

(I've been trying by adding events on each square to replenish the move range square-by-square as they're moved over, but haven't been able to get anything to work there yet...).
  • The easiest way is to handle that in the battle event used by the grid move command.
    At the end of the event use a Consume Grid Path Cost node to handle consuming the used range (otherwise the costs would automatically be consumed at the end, after the last node), afterwards you can use a Change Grid Move Range node to set it back again.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ahhh, cool - I see. Thx :)