• I make my own controller colliderbox and it works :) (shame on me)
  • Yeah, ORK can only work with the stuff you give it :D
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Found a bug with the main menu:

I'm currently adding Splash Screens that occur before the main menu; different scenes that fade out and eventually load the main menu scene from code.

However... there seem to be issues in doing so; depending on how I tweak the settings, either:

-Main Menu text and menu never show up, if I have it set to call menu in the Game Starter.

-Main Menu shows up as normal, and correctly goes to the next scene on New Game, but the Main Menu persists into the New Game scene, and is the only menu selectable. Clicking on new game again in the borked menu gives me a null ref. This all occurs when I have the Main menu set up to Auto-call on my Main Menu scene in the Framework tabs.
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Please send me a small project where this occurs, otherwise I'd just have to guess what you did :D
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited December 2013
    Hi

I'm using the latest beta version and following the tutorials but in the forth tutorial says I need to create an Interaction Controller but when I do what it says (Create Object > Interaction Controller) it crashes unity, it happens every time, I have nothing more in the project other than a 3D model I plan to use in the future as the player character, the rest is the tutorial resources and the ORK Framework. what could it be?

Dont know if related but I also get this error message in the console "TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'UnityEngine.Collider2D' from assembly 'UnityEngine, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'."

Thanks.
    Post edited by sopothetocho on
  • @sopothetocho
    Update to Unity 4.3 :)
  • Ok will do that, thanks!
  • edited December 2013
    @GiL
    Sent you an example with the issue present.
    Post edited by Kirb on
  • OK, major bug report. This only happens when using a character with Mecanim, but when you enter an event that blocks controls the character stops animating and gets stuck in a glitchy looking loop of the last few frames of the animation that was playing when the event activated. When using a scene changer, sometimes (especially when running) the character starts to do the whole glitchy loop thing as the screen fades, and when the new scene comes up the character won't move at all and the Button Player Controller script is disabled on the Player game object. If you click to enable it you can move the player but it won't animate. Again, this only happens with mecanim, if using legacy animations everything is fine. Since it looks like they may be related, I will say that a work around for events is to have an event step to disable input buttons instead of blocking player controls, but since you can't set a scene changer not to block controls, there is no work around for that problem.
  • I used your demo, the battle arena scene, to try out the real-time battles. I had setup a scene-wide real-time battle and created 2 single combatant spawners. Each were on opposing factions. Whereas the player was neutral to both. I gave each of them the ability to patrol randomly. It seems that when they are within range they run to each other and attack. Great! However, at the end of each attack swing, they switch briefly to patrol mode and then run back to each other to attack. They do this running away and back again until one of them is dead.

I really like the beta so far, looks good!
  • edited December 2013
    I found a bug with the jump delay. If you enable the jump delay (set it to more than 0), it'll delay the jump, which is good, but right before it land, it will hover in the air for a bit before dropping down. If you disable the delay (set it to 0) however, it won't hover.
    Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • edited December 2013
    I think this is a bug:
    Whenever I add a No Click Move component to a game object ( a fence or rock or tree or anything ) the mesh is no longer rendered in the scene, and there is no collision where it is supposed to be either. I am using beta 17.
    After testing, I have found this to only occur on the parent object. So if I create a gate with a wall, and put those two objects as children of an empty game object the problem can be reproduced. If I add the no click to each individual object, everything works as expected. It seems the object that No Click Move is assigned to must have a mesh renderer?
    Post edited by Snakebane on
    I'm old and mean...hiss~hiss~
    Chris
  • @Ntelliware
    I guess we solved this :)
    For everyone else: Mecanim and CharacterController don't work well together when using root motion - so if you're running into this problem, either disable 'Apply Root Motion' on the Animator component, or use a control script that doesn't use CharacterController.

@asmalltwig
    Will look into it.

@Shadow_Fire
    Can't confirm that one - I guess it has something to do with your animations.
    Check the jumping while having the scene view open to see the position of your player's collider as well.

@Snakebane
    The NoClickMove component needs a collider attached (e.g. BoxCollider). The collider's bounds are used to check if a clicked position is within the no click move area.
  • Heya GiL,

May have run into a bug, on occasion certain Events will not display in the inspector when you select an event object in a scene.

Upon selecting the gameobject, I get this exception:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ORKFramework.DialogueChoice..ctor ()
    ORKFramework.Events.Steps.ShowDialogueStep..ctor ()
    System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/monoAndRuntimeClassLibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:513)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/monoAndRuntimeClassLibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:519)
    System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/monoAndRuntimeClassLibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:528)
    System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/monoAndRuntimeClassLibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/ConstructorInfo.cs:77)
    ORKFramework.DataSerializer.CreateInstance (System.Type type)
    ORKFramework.DataSerializer.SetDataObject[BaseData] (ORKFramework.DataObject data, ORKFramework.BaseData instance)
    ORKFramework.BaseData.SetData (ORKFramework.DataObject data)
    ORKFramework.Behaviours.EventInteraction.LoadEvent ()
    EventInteractionInspector.EventSetup (ORKFramework.Behaviours.EventInteraction target)
    EventInteractionInspector.OnInspectorGUI ()
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditors (Boolean isRepaintEvent, UnityEditor.Editor[] editors, Boolean eyeDropperDirty) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:850)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()
  • Please send me one of the events that's throwing an error :)