edited July 2015 in Showcase
Update:
Heart of Ember made it to steam! Thanks for creating such a great product. You guys are great, and the support is just wonderful. Here is the link towards steam. Thanks again for all the help.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/382320/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/382320/

Update:
I have recently completed the first chapter of this game. I have done very little marketing since I'm a sole developer who works/goes to college. If you guys can help me out by voting on steam I would greatly appreciate it.

Click here to vote on steam: Steam Link

Hello, my name is Paolo. I'm currently developing a game called "Heart of Ember". It heavily relies on Ork Framework (I still need to replace some stock music). The game is still under development and I'm hoping to finish it by summer of 2015.
Currently, I have finished designing most of the world. I will be moving on to the battle system next. Also some of the dialogues are finished as well. Nothing is final and everything is open to change. I'm working really hard on finishing a decent project. I'm hoping to share updates and progress, about the game, later on.

Here is my website that shows a little more about the project.

AnimationCatalyst.com

AnimationCatalyst.com/heart-of-ember.html

Video: Early trials

YouTube Video

I know I still have a long way to go before I could finish. I will be updating my progress accordingly. Any advice given will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Paolo SC
Post edited by lovvinglife on
  • I checked out your site regarding the game. It looks really good so far. Keep up the hard work. See this through. I'm sure it will be a great success!!
  • Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate it.
  • edited January 2015
    I love the colors and design. I clicked on your website link and got sent back here. That happened for the other links too. Maybe you're working on the site right now? Welcome to the forum.
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • Sorry for the link problem, I did something wrong and that was the result. It should be fix now if you want to check it out. Thanks for the warm welcome.
  • yeah i just typed the URL in the browser to bypass that hickup. The art looks really good. can't wait to see this progress further!!
  • edited January 2015
    Your game plan is looking good. I use Bitgem's graphics as well from the Unity Asset store-he is the best. I see you are using Crossroads Kimys assets as well--I sort of associate them with wtyson because he was the first to put up a showcase here using them but he's moved on to Unreal--so I will have to try to reassociate them with your game.
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • Yeah, Bitgem is really good. I really like Crossroads Kimy, their support is impressive. Plus, I like the art style. I actually use a good number of things from the asset store. I mix them with my own models. It's just amazing how the asset store greatly accelerate the development process.
  • You've certainly done a good job of mixing the asset store models with your own art. I couldn't do without the asset store. It makes the development process work for me which is one of the reasons I appreciate Unity.

Looking forward to your progress. : ) I like the story a lot.
  • Hey there Paolo! Just checked out your game, it looks really neat, keep up the good work.
    It is cool that you are keeping the story simple, sometimes those stories come out better than the advanced ones :D.
  • Thanks Catacomber, I appreciate the compliment. The story is still evolving at the moment. Hopefully with enough rewrites It will turn out pretty well.

Tuxedose thanks for checking out my game. Keeping the story simple is actually more challenging than I thought. However, it does help insure that the project doesn't become bigger than what I can handle.
  • Looks really cool! I hope one day to pay you for your hard work and play your game to my hearts content!
    You will always fail at what you do not try.
  • edited April 2015
    Hi everyone, I finished the first chapter of the game. I submitted it in several places and just entered the Greenlight process in steam. I have never done this process before, so any advice you can give will be greatly appreciated. Lastly if anyone wants to help out by voting and commenting on steam that will be extremely helpful. Thank you so much in advance.

Paolo SC.

• Here are some pictures of the game =)

• edited April 2015