edited February 2015 in Announcements
And here it is - biggest update since initial release: release notes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next update will be pretty big - Status Effect Types, Group Abilities, Status Change Modifiers, abilities sold in shops, equipment durability, radial menus, choice headers, attack/defence status effects, custom input script support and lots of other stuff:
  • Input Keys
    The new Custom input origin settings allow using custom scripts for input (e.g. a 3rd party product like cInput).
    Uses reflection to call a static function of a class - works like the Call Function step. Separate functions for button (must return a bool) and axis (must return a float).
  • Status Values
    Experience type status values can now start From Minimum when leveling up (only base/class level experience).
    I.e. the experience value will restart from the minimum value (e.g. 0) upon level up instead of continuing to grow and using the last level's maximum value as minimum.
  • Battle Menus
    The Auto command can now optionally be used for the Whole Group.
    Each member of the battle group will use the auto command once - not used in real time battles.
  • HUDs: Combatant, Turn Order
    New text codes for Status Value HUD elements.
    '%m2' displays the minimum value, '%r' displays the remaining value until reaching the maximum value (i.e. max - current value, e.g. for displaying needed EXP till level up) and '%r2' displays the remaining value until reaching the minimum value (i.e. current - min value).
    The new Check Attribute Value settings in Attack/Defence Attribute HUD elements allow optionally checking the attribute's value to determine if it'll be displayed when listing the attributes.
    E.g. checking for value > 100 could display only those attack attributes a combatant has a weakness for (e.g. fire 150 would do 150 % damage).
  • Event System: Function Steps
    The new Is Static setting allows using static functions in Call Function, Check Function and Function To Variable steps.
    Using static functions don't require a component being attached to a game object.
  • Event System: Function Steps
    The new Is Static setting allows using static fields/properties in Change Fields and Check Fields steps.
    Using static fields/properties don't require a component being attached to a game object.
  • Main Menu: Custom Choices
    The custom choices can now also use static functions :)
  • Combatants: AI Settings
    The new Real Time AI Range setting will optionally prevent an AI controlled combatant from using his battle AI (i.e. performing actions) when being outside of a defined range to his group leader (of course, only if they aren't the leader) - only used in real time battles.
    You can e.g. use this setting to prevent your player group members from continuing to fight when the player (i.e. leader) ran away (@Cat :D).
  • Move AI
    The new Prioritise Leader setting will optionally give priority to following the leader when being outside of a defined range. The current move target (e.g. waypoint or hunting another combatant) will be ignored and the combatant will follow his leader.
    In combination with the new real time AI range should solve the problem of too battle hungry group members :)
  • Status Bonuses
    And here comes a great new feature that allows a bunch of new gameplay mechanics!
    The new Status Change Modifiers allow giving bonuses to all status value changes made by abilities or items (i.e. in the value change settings of use costs, target changes, etc.).
    The default modifier of a status value is 100 (i.e. 100 % of the change will be made). The bonuses are added to it - the summed up modifier is limited between 0 and 100. The change modifiers are separated for positive and negative changes.
    E.g. a bonus of -25 on negative MP changes will reduce MP use costs by 25 %, a bonus of 50 to positive HP changes will increase HP refreshing abilities and items by 50 %.
  • Abilities, Items
    The value change settings (e.g. use costs, target changes) can optionally ignore the status change modifiers and use the default 100 % modifier (i.e. doing the full change).
  • Status Effect Types
    The new Status Effect Types will be available in the Status section. The types are used to separate status effects (like all the other type settings).
    They can be used to optionally limit the displayed status effects in HUDs, and you can use them in all status effect changes (e.g. ability target changes, auto effects, etc.) to optionally use all effects of a selected type for the changes.
  • Status Effects
    Obviously, the new Status Effect Type setting will define the status effect type of the status effect.
  • Status Effect Changes
    The Use Type settings will use all status effects of a selected status effect type instead of a single effect.
    Can be used to e.g. remove all negative status effects from a combatant (if you defined a Negative effect type and selected it in all your effects that have a negative effect).
    The new Type Display Limit settings in Status Effect HUD elements will optionally only display status effects of selected types.
    Can be used to e.g. separate displaying positive and negative effects.
  • Battle Events: Battle Steps
    The Calculate step now has a Reconsume option.
    Calculating the outcome of an action will consume use costs or an item again, even if it has already been consumed.
    The new Can Use Action step will check if the user can use the action of the battle event.
    E.g. useful if you want to repeat an event as often as possible (e.g. until out of MP, when using the Reconsume calculation).
    The offset between HUD GUI boxes for the individual combatants can now optionally be Relative To the GUI box of the previous combatant.
    The HUD positions will automatically adjust, e.g. if the size of one combatant's HUD change.
  • Group Abilities
    Abilities can now optionally be learned by the group of a combatant instead of a single combatant. Group abilities are available to all members of the group and can be used like normal abilities.
  • Ability Learning/Forgetting
    All settings to learn or forget abilities (e.g. classes, combatants, ability tree, items, event system) now have an additional Group Ability option to learn the ability to a group instead of a combatant.
  • Console Settings, Abilities
    Of course, there are also new console texts and default console text overrides for learning/forgetting a group ability.
  • Status Requirements
    The current ability check settings have been replaced by new settings to check if an ability is known (i.e. learned, group ability or coming from an equipment), learned (i.e. really learned by the combatant) or a group ability. In combination with the also new Is Valid setting you can also check e.g. if an ability is not a group ability or not known at all.
  • Battle End
    New text settings for learning new group abilities upon level up.
    Also, there are new text codes to display combatant information (name, description, icon) in most of the battle end texts.
  • Shops
    Shops can now also sell Abilities!
    The bought ability will be learned by the shop's current user (or group, when sold as group ability). An ability can only be sold once per combatant/group, there's no quantity selection displayed when buying it.
  • Abilities
    You can now define the Buy Price of the ability per ability level.
    The shop can optionally override the buy price.
  • Status Requirements
    The new Status Effect Type status check will check if an effect of a selected effect type is applied or not.
    Totally forgot that, thanks @JP :)
  • Event System: Animation Steps
    The new Auto Animation step can enable/disable the auto move animation settings of a combatant.
    The combatant's settings will now also be displayed when being disabled (i.e. the move speed animation thresholds).
  • Event System: Movement Steps
    The new Ignore Y setting in Change Position and Move Into Direction steps will optionally ignore the Y-axis difference when determining the move direction (and look direction). By default enabled (as it has been up till now).
  • Weapons, Armors
    The new Durability settings (per equipment level) allow equipment to optionally wear off.
    Outworn equipment can either stop giving bonuses, automatically be unequipped or destroyed.
  • Console Settings
    New texts for weapons and armors being outworn (i.e. durability reaching 0).
    Can individually be overridden by weapons/armors.
  • Menu Screens: Inventory, Equipment
    The Level Points Display settings are now named HUD Info Display and can also display the durability of equipment (with text and a bar).
  • Event System: Equipment Steps
    The Change Equip Durability step will change the durability of an equipment currently equipped on a selected equipment part (or all parts) of a combatant.
    The Change Inventory Durability step will change the durability of equipment currently placed in a combatant's inventory, either for a selected equipment part or any part.
    The Check Equip Durability step will check the durability of an equipment currently equipped on a selected equipment part (or all parts) of a combatant.
    The Check Inventory Durability step will check the durability of equipment currently placed in a combatant's inventory, either for a selected equipment part of any part.
  • GUI Boxes
    The new Choice Mode setting allows switching between different modes of choice button display.
    Either use the (already known) List mode to list the buttons, or the new Circle mode to create radial menus. Circle choices will display the choices in a circle around a center position in the GUI box, including fancy settings as rotating the choices for selections or an optional Mass Effect style radial selection instead of scrolling through the list.
  • GUI Boxes: Header Settings
    This new features allows displaying headers above the choice button list (only in List mode).
    A header text can be displayed for the title, content and info of the choices, e.g. in a shop, you can add a Name header text above the choice content (i.e. item name) and a Price header text above the info (i.e. where usually the price of the item is found).
  • Menu Screens
    Header Texts settings available in pretty much all menu parts that display choices - own headers for each GUI box of a menu part (e.g. type box, list box).
  • Shop Layouts
    Header Texts settings available for all layout parts that have choices.
  • Battle Menus
    Header Texts settings available, you can optionally use different headers for sub-menus.
  • Status Requirements
    The new Weapon Item Type setting will check if a weapon of the selected item type is equipped on a combatant.
    The new Armor Item Type setting will check if an armor of the selected item type is equipped on a combatant.
  • Class, Combatants, Passive Abilities, Weapons, Armors, Status Effects
    The new Attack Status Effects allow defining status effect changes that can optionally be used by abilities and items.
    When using an ability/item, the user's attack status effects will be used on the target. You can use this to e.g. create a poison knife that will poison the target of an attack.
  • Class, Combatants, Passive Abilities, Weapons, Armors, Status Effects
    The new Defence Status Effects allow defining status effect changes that can optionally be used by abilities and items.
    When using an ability/item, the target's defence status effects will be used on the user. You can use this to e.g. have a combatant automatically poison all combatants that attack him with physical attacks.
  • Abilities, Items
    The new Use Attack Effects option in the value change settings (e.g. target changes) will use the user's attack status effects on the target.
  • Abilities, Items
    The new Use Defence Effects option in the value change settings (e.g. target changes) will use the target's defence status effects on the user.
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2015
    These are all great! Thanks as always.
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • edited February 2015
    Oh dang, the static functions! The custom inputs is also a great boon, this is looking good. :D
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Lots of neat "small things" here that are actually big things. :D
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin
  • Static Functions and input Keys...neat :)
    GiL is making it rain features again.
  • And here's the next batch of awesome new features:
    • Combatants: AI Settings
      The new Real Time AI Range setting will optionally prevent an AI controlled combatant from using his battle AI (i.e. performing actions) when being outside of a defined range to his group leader (of course, only if they aren't the leader) - only used in real time battles.
      You can e.g. use this setting to prevent your player group members from continuing to fight when the player (i.e. leader) ran away (@Cat :D).
    • Move AI
      The new Prioritise Leader setting will optionally give priority to following the leader when being outside of a defined range. The current move target (e.g. waypoint or hunting another combatant) will be ignored and the combatant will follow his leader.
      In combination with the new real time AI range should solve the problem of too battle hungry group members :)
    • Status Bonuses
      And here comes a great new feature that allows a bunch of new gameplay mechanics!
      The new Status Change Modifiers allow giving bonuses to all status value changes made by abilities or items (i.e. in the value change settings of use costs, target changes, etc.).
      The default modifier of a status value is 100 (i.e. 100 % of the change will be made). The bonuses are added to it - the summed up modifier is limited between 0 and 100. The change modifiers are separated for positive and negative changes.
      E.g. a bonus of -25 on negative MP changes will reduce MP use costs by 25 %, a bonus of 50 to positive HP changes will increase HP refreshing abilities and items by 50 %.
    • Abilities, Items
      The value change settings (e.g. use costs, target changes) can optionally ignore the status change modifiers and use the default 100 % modifier (i.e. doing the full change).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks so much for all of these, Gil, particularly the new AI Setting for real time battles. :) That's really great. :) So happy!
  • Another big new feature: Status Effect Types
    • Status Effect Types
      The new Status Effect Types will be available in the Status section. The types are used to separate status effects (like all the other type settings).
      They can be used to optionally limit the displayed status effects in HUDs, and you can use them in all status effect changes (e.g. ability target changes, auto effects, etc.) to optionally use all effects of a selected type for the changes.
    • Status Effects
      Obviously, the new Status Effect Type setting will define the status effect type of the status effect.
    • Status Effect Changes
      The Use Type settings will use all status effects of a selected status effect type instead of a single effect.
      Can be used to e.g. remove all negative status effects from a combatant (if you defined a Negative effect type and selected it in all your effects that have a negative effect).
      The new Type Display Limit settings in Status Effect HUD elements will optionally only display status effects of selected types.
      Can be used to e.g. separate displaying positive and negative effects.
      The Calculate step now has a Reconsume option.
      Calculating the outcome of an action will consume use costs or an item again, even if it has already been consumed.
      The new Can Use Action step will check if the user can use the action of the battle event.
      E.g. useful if you want to repeat an event as often as possible (e.g. until out of MP, when using the Reconsume calculation).
  • @GiL
    Very cool man :)
  • edited February 2015
    Oh dang, I totally missed the Status Change Modifiers; that looks fantastic. And the types as well!
    Post edited by Kirb on
  • Hooray for status effect types. :D :D I have over 400 status effects, so I wanted it purely for organization, but like always you exceed expectations with actual gameplay purposes. =)
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin
  • Yeah, first I wanted to do a simple positive/negative effect selection to e.g. allow removing all negative effects with an ability, but then I thought it's probably better to do the usual type stuff for maximum flexibility.

There's at least one more bigger feature coming in the next update ... probably should renumber the version to 2.3.0 with all those big new features :D

just what i need! :D
  • Also a nice little feature, but probably very useful:
      The offset between HUD GUI boxes for the individual combatants can now optionally be Relative To the GUI box of the previous combatant.
      The HUD positions will automatically adjust, e.g. if the size of one combatant's HUD change.
    And here's the next big feature of this version - Group Abilities!
    • Group Abilities
      Abilities can now optionally be learned by the group of a combatant instead of a single combatant. Group abilities are available to all members of the group and can be used like normal abilities.
    • Ability Learning/Forgetting
      All settings to learn or forget abilities (e.g. classes, combatants, ability tree, items, event system) now have an additional Group Ability option to learn the ability to a group instead of a combatant.
    • Console Settings, Abilities
      Of course, there are also new console texts and default console text overrides for learning/forgetting a group ability.
    • Status Requirements
      The current ability check settings have been replaced by new settings to check if an ability is known (i.e. learned, group ability or coming from an equipment), learned (i.e. really learned by the combatant) or a group ability. In combination with the also new Is Valid setting you can also check e.g. if an ability is not a group ability or not known at all.
    • Battle End
      New text settings for learning new group abilities upon level up.
      Also, there are new text codes to display combatant information (name, description, icon) in most of the battle end texts.
  • Huh! That will definitely come in handy; certainly much easier than having to modify certain individual abilities one-by-one.
  • While I'm thinking about it, will there be an event step in battle AI to check if a status effect type is applied?
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin