edited January 2014 in Announcements
And here it is!

------------------------------------------------------

The first update since the official release is already in development, mostly smaller features though.
  • Logs
    A new option lets you invert the order of the log texts when displaying a log.
  • Status Values
    You can optionally use different notification settings for critical refresh and damage changes.
  • Move AIs
    Enemy detection can optionally only detect the leader of a group.
  • Save Points
    The save and cancel buttons are now also optional (like the load button).
  • Navigation History
    The hot-keys for going back and forward in the navigation history will change (i.e. you'll need to hold the ALT key). The current version idiotically interferes with text editing :D
  • Control Maps
    Using control maps or individual control map keys can optionally depend on status requirements and variable conditions.
  • Turn Based Battles
    You can invert the turn order (i.e. lowest time value will come first).
  • Battle System
    Stacking loot items is now optional.
  • Battle AI
    New Position Steps group in the selection menu.
    Check Distance and Check Angle steps added, so you can now select targets based on distance and angle.
  • Abilities, Items
    The new Not On Selfsetting allows excluding the user from being a target when targeting allies or all combatants.
  • Menu Screens
    Items and abilities now can't be used when the user is performing an action.
  • Turn Based Battles
    The new Multi-Turns option in turn based battles allows a combatant to have multiple turns before another combatant has his turn. After a combatant performed his action, his turn value will be reset to 0 and the turn value of all combatants (including the performing one) will be increased by the Turn Calculation.
    The combatant with the highest turn value will get the next turn. This allows a Final Fantasy X like turn based battle.
  • Blink Object Event Step
    You can start/stop blinking an event object (actor, waypoint, prefab).
  • Block Control Map Event Step
    You can block/unblock a selected control map or all control maps.
    A blocked control map can't be used.
  • Block HUD Event Step
    You can block/unblock a selected HUD or all HUDs.
    A blocked HUD wont be displayed.
  • Change Time Factor Event Step
    You can change the time factor - either Unity's factor (affecting the whole game) or ORK's factor (affecting things like battle or event speed).
    This can be used to create slow motion effects.
  • Change Nav Mesh Target Event Step
    You can set a new destination and speed of a NavMesh agent, or stop the agent.
  • Editor Variable List
    The variable list (introduced with 2.0.0) in the editor will now automatically update when saving the settings or an event. Only the variables found in settings or the saved event will be added, scenes and other events wont be scanned.
  • Items, Abilities
    Using an item or ability can depend on status requirements and variable conditions.
    Abilities could already depend on status requirements :)
  • Node Editor
    Major eye-candy update to the node editor, background grid, rounded corners, drop shadows ... looks nice :D
    Also coming: searching the node list!
  • Game Variable Fork Step
    Similar to the Check Game Variable step, but it'll check a single game variable for multiple conditions, the next step depends on which condition is valid.
    So, it's somewhat of a combination of choice and variable check :D
  • Status Fork Step
    Like the Game Variable Fork step, this step allows checking a combatant for multiple status requirements and execute the next step based on which requirement is valid.
  • Check Component Enabled Step
    Well, checks if a component is enabled :)
  • Check Fields Step
    Checks the value of fields of any component.
  • Check Function Step
    Checks the return value of a function of any component.
More stuff as it's coming up :)
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • amazing stuff GiL! Just bought this for my first game project :)
    ORK user since 2014. Patron since 2018.
  • edited January 2014
    Thanks GiL. :D
    Looking forward to it! Any chance that damage dealer bit will come in this update?

Also, unrelated, but you rock for adding the AutoSave function with the Save to Retry button (Temporary Save). I was thinking I'd have to hook up a similar system myself, so I was super pleased to see it already in there.
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • edited January 2014
    Amazing!
    Do you think the turn calculation feature will make it?
    Post edited by Brianjkd on
  • @artainx
    Thanks!

@Kirb
    The auto save has already been in ORK 1, if I remember it correctly :)

@Brianjkd
    Most likely, yes - will be one of the next things I'll look into!
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • New stuff:
    • Turn Based Battles
      You can invert the turn order (i.e. lowest time value will come first).
    • Battle System
      Stacking loot items is now optional.
    • Battle AI
      New Position Steps group in the selection menu.
      Check Distance and Check Angle steps added, so you can now select targets based on distance and angle.
    • Abilities, Items
      The new Not On Selfsetting allows excluding the user from being a target when targeting allies or all combatants.
    • Menu Screens
      Items and abilities now can't be used when the user is performing an action.
  • Great!

"Menu Screens:Items and abilities now can't be used when the user is performing an action."

Does this mean that if you are the process of attacking and went to menu to use an item, it wouldn't be available?
  • Exactly ... currently, you could do that, or spam using abilities/items even if they're animated in the field :)
  • Final Fantasy X like turn based battles are coming :)

The new Multi-Turns option in turn based battles allows a combatant to have multiple turns before another combatant has his turn. After a combatant performed his action, his turn value will be reset to 0 and the turn value of all combatants (including the performing one) will be increased by the Turn Calculation.
    The combatant with the highest turn value will get the next turn.

@Brianjkd
    After doing some tests and thinking, this seems to be the best solution to prevent slow combatants from never getting a turn.
  • edited January 2014
    Sweet this will be a fun system to play with! Thank you for implementing it and nice idea to solve that problem!
    Post edited by Brianjkd on
  • Yes! FFX has the best turn-based battle system!
  • Bunch of new event steps:
    • Blink Object Step
      You can start/stop blinking an event object (actor, waypoint, prefab).
    • Block Control Map Step
      You can block/unblock a selected control map or all control maps.
      A blocked control map can't be used.
    • Block HUD Step
      You can block/unblock a selected HUD or all HUDs.
      A blocked HUD wont be displayed.
    • Change Time Factor Step
      You can change the time factor - either Unity's factor (affecting the whole game) or ORK's factor (affecting things like battle or event speed).
      This can be used to create slow motion effects.
    • Change Nav Mesh Target Step
      You can set a new destination and speed of a NavMesh agent, or stop the agent.
  • omg slow motion. I really just love you.
  • Fantastic, these are great. :D
  • New stuff:
    • Editor Variable List
      The variable list (introduced with 2.0.0) in the editor will now automatically update when saving the settings or an event. Only the variables found in settings or the saved event will be added, scenes and other events wont be scanned.
    • Items, Abilities
      Using an item or ability can depend on status requirements and variable conditions.
      Abilities could already depend on status requirements :)
    • Node Editor
      Major eye-candy update to the node editor, background grid, rounded corners, drop shadows ... looks nice :D
  • Ooh, the item/ability requirements!

Eyecandy for the editor is nice as well :D