You can find a use case in the 2D platformer tutorials. Makinom's formulas work like ORK's formulas, in case you're using both.
Generally, each formula node with an operator changes the formula's current value. E.g. Add will add the node's value to…
Hm, that's not possible in ORK, but you can do that with Makinom (similar to ORK's event system). You can set up a variable list with all the numbers from 1 to 30 and randomly use and remove one of them.
You can start Makinom's schematics from ORK …
1) No, but you could use a Start Combatant Spawner node to spawn a combatant via a set up combatant spawner that remembers the combatant. Don't forget to set the spawner's start type to None, so it'll only spawn the combatant when told to by the eve…
I'll look into it - based on your description I'd say this is a potential bug, caused by the combatant being removed from the cell due to destroying the game object.
Edit: Yep, I can confirm this bug.
Will be fixed in the next update.
E.g. to use the calculation of a combatant's ability:
AbilityShortcut ability = user.Abilities.Get(id);
if(ability != null)
ability.Use(user, targets, false);
user is the user combatant (e.g. ORK.Game.ActiveGroup.Leader for the player).
id is t…
Yeah, that's the current behaviour - local space is always in local space of a cell's combatant.
I.e. for use range, it'll use the user's orientation, for affect range, it'll use the target's orientation.
I'll look into adding an option to use the …
float horizontal = ORK.InputKeys.Get(id).GetAxis();
id is the ID/index of the input key in the editor.
float horizontal = Maki.InputKeys.Get(id).GetAxis(Maki.Control.InputID);
Again, id is the ID/index of the input key in the ed…
Makinom offers the Waypoint Path component for setting up paths for game objects to follow, but you'd have to go through Makinom Interaction Machines for interactions in order to be able to stop them when the player talks to them.
Attack/defence attributes are treated as percent modifiers, e.g.:
- 100 means 100 % of the damage are dealt
- 50 means 50 % of the damage
- 0 means 0 % > immune to that damage
- -50 means it'll heal the target by 50 % of the damage
- -100 means i…
There are different ways to achieve this - if you want to do this only using ORK, you'll have to set up your NPCs to be combatants and use the move AI:
- the NPC's combatant should be an ally of the player (and potentially also of all other factions…