edited January 2014 in ORK Support
I have a question regarding animations and their mesh. Let's say I have a character that wields a sword. The sword would of course show when said character is in idle and attack animations. However, when the character performs something like a magic spell, the weapon would be invisible.

I'm not too savvy with model animations. When animating a model, is there such a way to turn off the weapon mesh for specific animations?
  • I'm assuming the sword object is completely separate from the hero object, yes? I'd imagine that it's probably simple enough to just temporarily make your weapon prefab invisible (using the Object Visible step) in the battle event for spell-casting.

Of course, it's hard to say without seeing the model in question.
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Ah Object Visible might be what I need.

Never noticed that event step before. Weird. Thanks.
  • Also - when using Equipment Viewers to display your weapon, you can use variable conditions to show/hide it.

This way, you can simply set a game variable in your spell's battle animation (and remove it at the end) and the weapon will be hidden :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I see. The issue is variables. Not to sure how to work with them generally.
  • Well, the game variables in general are pretty easy to understand:

You simply add a value to a name, like naming a variable 'Quest 1' and storing the quest's state (as a string), e.g. 'search item 1' ...

E.g. in your case you could name your variable 'hide player weapon' and add a bool value (i.e. true or false) - the equipment viewer would check if 'hide player weapon' is false to display the weapon. As soon as you'd set it to true, the weapon will be hidden.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ah so it's sort of like using the event steps such as Check Combatant! That IS easy to understand!