edited December 2014 in ORK Support
I need your help.
I would like to know how to set up an intro video.
I guess he must use the GUI but I do not see how to launch a video in a game event. (in StartEvent)

more how to start a battle in a game event?
for example after a show dialogue. I try to use base step/start battle but I must not do this correctly.
how to configure combatant and everything else in event settings?
thanks
Post edited by avantis on
  • ORK only uses features of the free Unity version (video is a pro feature), so there is no step for that.
    To get videos going with ORK, you'll have to write a small script (component) with a function that plays the video (I'm sure there are lots of examples over at Unity). Add the function to a game object and use the object in your event (e.g. as actor). You can use the Call Function step (found in function steps) to call that function on the component.

You can start a battle using the Start Battle step (base/function steps). It requires the used object to have a Battle component attached, which should be correctly set up (enemies, factions, etc.).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • sorry but I can't.
    the combatant has a battle component, and collider, rigibody
    it is "ennemy".

but I have a problem in my event

My event is to click on an object on the ground.
    a dialog asks if you want to steal it. if we accept adding this item in my inventory and this create a battle (I will add a random node after.)

http://i59.servimg.com/u/f59/16/62/90/73/sans_t12.jpg
    the battle is not play.
    in event setting I add
    actor0: player
    actor1: Object
    find object activate
    Type search: name
    search name: RoyalKnight

in start battle I just add
    object: Actor
    Actor: RoyalKnight.
    I know it's not that I do not know what to put.
  • Like I said, currently you need to use an object with a Battle component attached.
    I can add options or a new step to start a battle with an individual actor (if he has a combatant attached) in one of the next versions.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • sorry I don't understand how to make with object

but that's okay, I'll wait for a future release.
    thank you again for this wonderful framework
  • Did you go through the game tutorials?
    If yes, you should know that a battle is set up with a game object that has a Battle component attached, which sets up the battle system type, the enemies, etc.

The Start Battle step in the event requires such an object to be used.
  • I will do so again this tutorial.
    sorry, it is not always easy for me who does not speak English.
  • ORK 2.2.0 supports starting a battle with a combatant as well, instead of requiring a Battle component. So if your actor has a combatant attached (e.g. using the Add Combatant component or if he was spawned through a combatant spawner) you'll be able to start the battle.
  • yes I saw it
    thank you :)
    but I haven't put unity 4.6 ^^