Using Real Time Battles---it's probably the same or similar for the other types---

In Game/Input keys, I have one input key for Abilities and one input key for Blast—my Blast ability.
Input Origin Key Code
Key (A for Abilities, B key for Blast)
Negative Key None
Input Handling Down

I made a World/Shortcut Key in Control Maps for the Blast Ability.
Checked Real Time for game type.
Control Key 0 is the Blast Ability

Action Settings
Type Shortcut
Slot Index 1 because I have another shortcut that’s slot 0.

In World Abilities Blast—I have everything set up — it’s laid out in a different tutorial but nothing here relates to it’s being a shortcut.

I set up a GUI Box for the Shortcut setting out where it should appear on the screen. I used a GUI skin that uses image only for the button and label.

I made a HUD for it—-
GUI box the one I made
HUD type Control
Display Conditions:
Ignore
No
No
No
No

In Battle Yes
Real Time

Blocking Menu Screen No

Image Settings

Control Element 0

Control Type Positive Button
Input Key Blast Ability
Axis Horizontal
Checked Use Image—slid my image into that slot
Stretch to Fill
Alpha Blended
Image Bounds
0 0
100 100
I use a Pressed image as on mobile—-so checked Use Pressed
Everything else is the same as for first image

Then went over to Combatants/Combatants—-

I added the Control Map for the Blast Ability
I added the ability as a Base Attack
Added it to Ability Development—Learn Ability Blast
Under Default Shortcuts for the Combatant—
Slot Index 1 (remember I have another for slot 0 so this is slot 1)
Shortcut Type Ability
Ability Blast
Level 1

And that’s that.

• Nice work Cata. I had to figure this out the hard way. I'm sure this will help some people.
  • edited December 2014
    Thanks. : ) I hope it does. I's been awhile since anyone called me Cata. : ) It was nice to hear it again.
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • edited December 2014
    I don't understand
    I have not world/shortcut

I ORK framework 2.1.10
    (Version bought of course)

EDIT
    ok.
    base/control/control map. :)

and is it possible to capacity in a menu screen? it will appear on the screen?
    Post edited by avantis on
  • I'm also curious if you know of a way to be able to change abilities in and out of that slot.
  • There's a way to drag and drop but I haven't played with it yet. Not at my computer. Will try it tomorrow. : )
  • edited December 2014
    I encounter another problem. I want to do so assassin creed move. suddenly I can use input key too, but that starts an animation.
    and I discovered a very simple thing with game event

if used in event "wait for input" can be called anything in the game, entertainment but also an ability !!!
    I just found out I have not yet tested.

put the event in autostart on each map.

EDIT :
    Unfortunately we can't launch an ability in game event, just in battle event and no call battle event in game event :)

NB : (I want to put in shortcut "zephyr"ability : to move faster for a few seconds.
    Post edited by avantis on
  • You can wait for input with battle event though. That's how I use all my Player Abilities.
  • yes but my ability to move this done outside of battle (field)

but that is irrelevant.
    I flood cata's tutorial, sorry
  • Make sure the ability is set up to be used outside of battle (also the animation settings in the ability's settings) and if you're using control maps to fire them, check if they're set up to be used outside of battle.
    There's the list of toggles for battle systems and the field to enable and disable if they can be used there :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited December 2014
    @GiL--how do you use toggles on mobile? : ) Need some help there.

@Solist--you can swap abilities out of that slot I think using drag and drop--but I also think you need to have a Battle Menu set up so you can drag and drop Abilities from the Battle Menu to the slot. And you have to be able to call the Battle Menu. I'm on Mobile so I can't hit the Left Control key--my Input Key for the Battle Menu---to call the Battle Menu---I would have to set up a HUD.

But----I don't use a Battle Menu at all because my players don't like them. However I will try to see if I can add a Battle Menu as a HUD and set up swaps in a Shortcut.

I'm using mobile and as mentioned my players have strong feelings about battle menus and so I don't use one.

But I am curious to see if it will work. : )

It would be best if you could access your abilities NOT via a Battle Menu but via the Overview Menu that shows your abilities and swap those abilities down into a shortcut slot.

I think that would be a nice solution for mobile platforms rather than trying to access a Battle Menu.

There has to be a nice mobile solution here. Haven't gotten there yet because I didn't update to 4.6 and can't check the ORK demo to see how the battle menus were set up because the new ORK demo only works on 4.6 and I don't have one set up as my players dislike them so.
  • Just tap on them?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yeah, I was thinking of making a seperate window kind of like a "spell book" that I can open from either the overview menu or a HUD and drag spells from that into the action bar.
  • edited December 2014
    I think if the HUD icon for your battle menu is a spellbook that you fold out spells from you can do that. And I am pretty sure you can drag spells from the battle menu into the equivalent of a hotbar. You'd need individual squares I think that you could drag spells onto.

But I can't try this right now as I have some problems to solve with the new ui --will come back to trying this soon as it would be good for me too. : )
  • edited December 2014
    Yeah, I did a little work with shortcuts. At least enough to get a basic Shortcut HUD working.

That's all done with 3 Status Elements. And yes you can make those able to be dragged and replaced.
    Post edited by Balive on