edited December 2014 in ORK Support
How to select a combatant member name from one of menu menu choice item, then the combatant as player?
  • So you want to make a character select menu?
  • Yah. That would be good. : )
  • Balive

Yes, I want to "make a character select menu", show a face list of the combatant(include name, simple descript) , then I can select one as my character.
  • edited December 2014
    at the beginning of the game?

my "StartEvent" :

red is for intro, I disabled for example.

After your event setting you add "show dialogue with choice of characters.

thereafter, I would even camera motion and 3D animated characters, but for now it's just choices dialogue (as you want?)

after : (same "original StartEvent")
    after this, you added "join active group" each character choice.
    Then I add a variable for the game to know the "sex" of the character. and I put "spawn player".
    finish event with my first quest "active".

Hope to have helped.
    Post edited by avantis on
  • Thanks for avantis help, Your event see work,

now how show the ico of the combatant in the dialog? So I can select one by the ico of combatant.
  • edited December 2014
    Thanks for avantis ):

Your advice work.

Post edited by ZhaoYu on
  • Icons can be added through text codes, e.g. #combatant.icon0# will add the icon from the combatant with index 0 in the combatant list in the editor.

Text codes for things like names and icons of different things can be added in the text editor by clicking on the More button and selecting Data. You'll now have multiple drop down fields to select which data you wan to add.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!