edited December 2014 in ORK Support
Hello.
I would like to make a move my character like assassin creed
by pressing "A", it makes a roll to the left. By pressing the "E", it makes a roll to the right. (keyboard AZERTY)

i use "wait for input fork" and Mecanim animation.

the concern is that it is only the animation of the character. At the end of the move it's the center and the camera does not move.

I have to use Move Into direction?
or changes position (local position?)
and I don't understand all the "Movement steps".
What is curve move?

I can make a video to show my problem if you need.
thx
Post edited by avantis on
  • I have not played AC. What does the camera do when those moves are done?
  • In fact, as I launch a mecanim animation, the camera does not follow the character in my game '(
  • edited December 2014
    If the mecanim animation only moves the mesh, but the actual game object stays at the same place, that behaviour is to be expected.

For those cases it's best to have the animation not change the actual position of the mesh, only animate the movement (without any movement) and do the movement on the game object. I.e. the animation shouldn't do the sideward movements - unless this is handled by using root motion, but I'm not sure about that :)

Move into direction is probably the best choice here. The curve move can use animation curves for movement.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I just use movement steps /change position with interpolation
    the result is not perfect but I can't do better.
  • I guess games like assassins creed use physics driven movement for those things - a custom control would probably be better for this.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!