edited December 2014 in General Discussion
I'd like to ask what is the preference of 'vanilla' ORK in terms of RPG type.
What's the standard ORK controller and animator like? Is it geared towards a Dragon Age-like 3rd person action RPG as shown in the demo?
Thanks.
  • edited December 2014
    The easiest out of the box RPG is probably the style shown in the demo (turn based part) - action RPGs are usually a bit more work, as you'll also need to use damage dealers/zones and most likely need custom player/camera controls (the built-in controls are mostly for prototyping).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks.
    I want to do an action RPG. I trust that damage dealers/zones and custom stuff are all explained in the tutorials -- so that's where I'm headed now.
  • Yes, those mechanics are explained starting with game tutorial 31 (where the real time part starts).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • a good compromise could be IE-KotOR like: real time with pause.
  • You can pause real time battles, e.g. optionally when you bring up the battle menu.
  • No, I mean that it's like dungeons and dragons: it's real time, but also automated to an extent. like Baldur's Gate.