• ahh yes thanks! I corrected those values. All good now ;-)
    ORK user since 2014. Patron since 2018.
  • Hey GiL! Rather than keep spamming the forum with new topics every other day (and apologies for posting questions constantly) I'll just keep adding to this one.

First, I got the 'teleport to battle scene' event working, that I mentioned in my last post. However, my enemy combatants don't spawn, and so the battle does not continue. I simply used the basic 'simplestart' event from the tutorial, adding in a 'store scene' and 'load scene' steps to load the battle arena. Is there something else I should add in?

I was wondering how one goes about utilising the 'ally spots' in battle, as this seems a perfect fit for a feature I was intending to implement, akin to 'pets' that spawn only in battle to help their master out. How do I add them to an active battle?

As always, thank you for your help :)
    // www.newrealitygames.co.uk \\
  • Did you put the Spawn Combatants step after loading the new scene?

The ally spots are for combatants of allied factions. It really depends on how you want your pets to be in the game - if they should be part of the player's group, they'd also use the player spots. If they're only allies of the player, they'd use the ally spots.

Btw, you can also use battle events to let combatant's join the battle - like calling your pets when using an ability :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I did indeed put 'spawn combatants' after the 'load scene'. My own party will spawn, but they'll just stand there waiting for something to bash to death (in this case a spider placeholder). I'll have another crack at it tonight; perhaps there is something that I've missed. So many features, so little time!

With my pets, I'd like to spawn them at the beginning of each battle, depending on who is participating (with the pets spawning next to their 'master'). I don't want to control them- they'd be controlled with an AI script.

How am I best going about this, in your opinion?
  • The Spawn Combatants step has to be after loading the new scene, else the combatants would be spawned in the old scene and destroyed when loading the new scene.
    Maybe it'd be best to send me your battle start event and I'll take a look at what's going on: contact@orkframework.com

You can also set player group members to be AI Controlled - the setting can be found in the AI Settings of the combatant.
    If you're adding your pats as group members or as an allied group depends on how you want them to be implemented in your game. As group members, they'd also be visible (and accessible) in menus. As allies, you can simply spawn them at the start of the battle and remove them afterwards - but their statuses wouldn't be kept for the next battle, so it'd always be a new pet.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'd like to add them as group members (with AI control), but get them to spawn right beside their associated playable character. Is there an efficient way to do this? Some sort of 'check combatant position' or something?
  • Oh, I figured out (somewhat) the issue with the battle arena scene. It seems that when I use it on 'combatant spawners', they don't transport to the battle arena. But when I use random battle arenas, they are spawned in the arena just fine.

For now, I'm going to compromise and use the random battles, since I've got that feature working.
  • I'll look into why combatant spawners aren't working with teleport events.

The most efficient way to spawn your pets beside their master is by placing the player battle spots accordingly.