edited December 2014 in General Discussion
This is a mixed thread, so I can't really clutter up the suggestion thread, it's also about doubts :P

-Does ORK allow for a FFX-like battle system (being able to switch them at will) and Aeon system (call and use them as party members)?
-Can ORK be made to support physics (capes fluttering in battle or when walking, etc) and features like a night and day + weather system?
-Can we set up the cap for HP\MP\stats in order to achieve a full, symmetric ruleset?
-Does ORK already support a materia-like system, where equipping special pieces of equipment grants skills and stat bonuses?
-Does ORK framework support multi-hit abilities, like Cloud's Omnislash from FFVII/Squall's Renzokuken from FFVIII etc?
-Would it be possible to create a Skill+Perk tree like Skyrim?
-Unusual ability requirements are already possible, like "blood magic" (casting with hp rather than mp) or physical requirements (stand still without moving)? can we already choose beteween active, passive, sustained abilities?
-is it possible to differentiate between the casting of mages and the abilities of warriors (the first ones requiring MP, the others stamina)?
-is framework for "random" events like Chrono Trigger (enemies on the map, rather than out of the blue) already possible?
-What about, also from Chrono Trigger, dual and triple techs (abilities that require more than 1 party member)?
-does ORK's formula framework only work with flat values or does it support also %, fractions, d20 values (like 4d6 - randomized values) etc?
-about sound, you could consider a % instance chance and a keyword system (which could actually be applied to your whole framework for everything - items, areas, abilities, NPCs etc) similar to that of Skyrim?
-can we extend the framework to work with additional parametrs, such as Sanity?
-Is enemy dismemberment already possible?
- Armor does not visually make any change to the character, as it is in most RPGs. Weapons seems to change, however. Can you add the framework for "costume switching" of characters?
-what kinda of functions are possible with BGM\SFx? playlist, palette, pitch variation on the fly etc...

-finally, how should I structure ORK if I wanted to allow my project to be modded?
  • I think the dismemberment is the only features that you can't implement using ork alone
  • that's a very positive idea :P
  • basicly almost all that you have asked can be done with ork itself

yes -Does ORK allow for a FFX-like battle system (being able to switch them at will) and Aeon system (call and use them as party members)?

yes im pretty sure you can use cape physics with no problem -Can ORK be made to support physics (capes fluttering in battle or when walking, etc) and features like a night and day + weather system?

you can set max hp -Can we set up the cap for HP\MP\stats in order to achieve a full, symmetric ruleset?

this you can do -Does ORK already support a materia-like system, where equipping special pieces of equipment grants skills and stat bonuses?

i belive if you have the animation for it you can with the battle event for skills -Does ORK framework support multi-hit abilities, like Cloud's Omnislash from FFVII/Squall's Renzokuken from FFVIII etc?

im pretty sure you can havent tryied to make anything like that yet -Would it be possible to create a Skill+Perk tree like Skyrim?

yes as for sustained abilities havent made any skills like that yet -Unusual ability requirements are already possible, like "blood magic" (casting with hp rather than mp) or physical requirements (stand still without moving)? can we already choose beteween active, passive, sustained abilities?

yes-is it possible to differentiate between the casting of mages and the abilities of warriors (the first ones requiring MP, the others stamina)?

you can set random events with the event nodes -is framework for "random" events like Chrono Trigger (enemies on the map, rather than out of the blue) already possible?

not sure havent tried this yet -What about, also from Chrono Trigger, dual and triple techs (abilities that require more than 1 party member)?

some what only thing i know is the level factor thats in the demo is % base vs your targets as for the D&D style not sure havent Tried yet -does ORK's formula framework only work with flat values or does it support also %, fractions, d20 values (like 4d6 - randomized values) etc?

-about sound, you could consider a % instance chance and a keyword system (which could actually be applied to your whole framework for everything - items, areas, abilities, NPCs etc) similar to that of Skyrim?

-can we extend the framework to work with additional parametrs, such as Sanity?
    -Is enemy dismemberment already possible?

you can set armor and other stuff on characters that show up and you can for costume switching can be done with the eventnodes - Armor does not visually make any change to the character, as it is in most RPGs. Weapons seems to change, however. Can you add the framework for "costume switching" of characters?

-what kinda of functions are possible with BGM\SFx? playlist, palette, pitch variation on the fly etc...

pretty much have to watch the tuts and play with ork till you have an understanding of it. some of the stuff you asked i already have done
  • edited December 2014
    Many, many thanks :D
    I don't have the Unity Laptop now, otherwise I would try all of those things! not before halfway january, anyway... but this seems all very good and dandy. the next step is just to find some way to wrap what I need together with other utilities needed to flesh out the rest of the game + pathfinding etc...
    Post edited by Dark_Ansem on
  • edited January 2015
    I wonder, it is possible also to make a Trance-Like system ala FFIX, but with more control over it?

EDIT: also...
    Passive skills / active skills with AP requirement to master (+ eventual additional effects), and that are equippable?

How much from standard battles does ORK allow to deviate?

How complex can classes\jobs become?
  • edited January 2015
    These are all very specific game mechanic-centric questions. The answer is pretty much that the more specific of a feature you want, the less chance that it's going to work how you want it straight out of the box, and generally the more work you're going to have to do to get it working.

ORK is an RPG framework, not a skyrim-maker, not a dragonquest-maker, not a final fantasy-maker, etc. It won't do everything right out of the box. :P

ORK is generally versatile enough that pretty much anything should be possible, with custom scripting and/or smart event design. The best way to answer these questions is to dive into the framework yourself and see if you can figure out solutions to implementing features you want.

If it isn't possible, and it is a more overarching generic feature that would benefit everyone, then GiL may consider adding it upon request.
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • edited January 2015
    To know they might happen it's at least a starting point!
    I've been thinking of OrK as a RPG Maker, only incredibly more powerful.

I will do that, but only after the 14th. I can't before, and I wanted to be sure I could do something :P