edited February 2014 in ORK Support
Hi all,

I'm looking into a framework for a game (obviously) and was wondering if the ORK Framework supported two things:

1. An Action Point, turn-based combat system (similar to Fallout)
2. Multiclassing capabilities (i.e. each character has a level in a class, so they might be a level 4 warrior and a level 8 wizard)

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance!
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • 1. Theoretically yes, but depends on what you want to do exactly, so I'd need some more details on how you want the system to work :)

2. Yes, that's possible. The class can be switched at any time (either through an event, an item or ability), the levels of the different classes are kept - additionally, you can optionally forget abilities and status bonuses you gained from a class when switching (and receive them back when switching again).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for the fast response! Here's some more details.

1. The best way for me to describe is through examples, so let's say PlayerCharacter has 10 Action Points. Moving one hex space costs 1 AP, and firing his weapon costs 2. In that turn, he could move ten times, fire five times, move four and fire three, fire four and move two, etc. then, each turn he would regenerate 5 AP, so the next he'd only have 5 unless he took a quick breather.

2. Would the option be there for both sets of skills/attributes to be available at the same time, or is it essentially disabling one class to enable another?

I really appreciate the response - I'm more handling the business/numbers side for some coders, so some of my terminology might not be too great :P
  • 1. Currently, turn based only allows one action per turn out of the box, but that's something I'd like to change in one of the next updates. But currently, you can use the Active Time battle system to create this.

2. You can keep the learned abilities and attributes or a class, but currently only one class can be active at a time.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2014
    nvm you literally just answered that. heh
    Post edited by Griffin on