edited February 2015 in ORK Support

hello. I need your help.
I'm still on my game. I'm doing now seen in top-down way diablo-like
in my video, you can see the two first kill via the battle menu, we can see the cursor (white cube) to choose the enemy.

the third kill, (1 minute) is done with the action bar (hotbar) via the shortcut. (see tutorial Catacomber) but I do'nt see the cursor, and I can't choose the enemy.

Then I change my sword and put a bow, I can not get to choose my target (again) as I click on an enemy player attacks another enemy (via the action bar)

Another question: I can not steered the player to the target, as it makes the animation of the arc, the player does not look at the target.
Yet in battle event, I put "look at enemies" before the animation.

thank you for your help

Post edited by avantis on
  • If you're calling the shortcut (hotbar) using control maps, make sure to turn off the Use Auto Target setting in the control key. When turned on, this will automatically select a target for the used action.

The Look At Enemies step will make the fighting groups look at the center of their enemies. If you want a combatant to look at his target, use the Rotate To step instead.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2015
    I thank you successful.
    but I would choose my target directly to the mouse by clicking on it but it does not work.

and sorry for this, but I came over to find out how to put a "cancel" launched on ability.
    I got lost in the framework ^^
    thx.
    Post edited by avantis on
  • You can set up group targets or individual targets in Battle System > Battle Settings. Those can e.g. be selected via mouse click, when using Auto Target in the control maps, the actions will be used on those targets.

Once you started an ability, there's no stopping it - unless the ability has a cast time and the enemy attacks you (when using the cancel cast options).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • it does not work. I would make a screenshot of my menu tonight.
  • I would like to make a diablo-like game with combat via the action bar but obviously, I hurt my menu setting (control map, battle setting, Ability ...)

Here are some screenshot

as the enemies is less than 30 meters, the player can attack (runToTarget and attack) To do this, the player uses "attack skill" ability is activated with "1". It must choose its target by clicking (mouse "0") on the enemy. (my big problem, no work)

for that you need to "control map" is in auto target?

then I do not know how to set my "battle setting"
    I create an "individual target" but I do not understand everything in this menu.
    Here the screenshot.

it's not easy for me to explain my problem, I speak very bad English.
    thank you for your help.
  • If you want to select a target, you need to disable Use Auto Target in your control map. Otherwise it will automatically use a target.

You'd only need to use the group/individual targets if you want to select a target before using an action. They can be used to select a target e.g. via click, which is now marked as the combatant's (or group's) current target, which allows auto targeting (e.g. in control maps) to use that target.
    If you want to select a target after selecting the action, you don't need those settings - just disable Use Auto Target in your control map.
  • sorry but I still can't.

I want to select a target with the mouse and press "1" to launch the attack. (not validation with "accept" button)

so I disable "autotarget" in the control map.
    Then in battle setting:

target selection: I check "use cursor" and "use click" and nothing else

Group target setting
    auto select : no check
    only battle range
    select ennemies : yes
    useable in : real time
    key setting : none for all

mouse control :
    use click "0"
    all mode : check

auto attack target : no check

same for "individual target setting"

thx
  • If you want to first select the target and than use the action, you need to enable auto targeting in the control map and group/individual target.
    Btw, you don't need group and individual targets, this depends on your setup. The group targets will be available for the whole group (when having more members), the individual targets are only for the individual combatants.

So, in short:
    select target first, than select action > auto targeting
    select action first, than select target > no auto targeting :)
  • ok, I think it's good. I will test with differente range and style of attack (cast, bow, sword).
    Thank you very much, my game is progressing well and it's with your help !!