edited February 2015 in ORK Support
I am following your skillbar tut, 3 issues.

1. I have icons/portraits assigned for abilities/items, I have gone through every single option I can find and adjusted them to death, I cannot seem to get the icons to size correctly as well as the names of the abilities/items on the skillbar itself.

2. At the moment in your tut you have to double click to select a ability/item and then click a target. I would simply like to be able to click 1 time, no pop-up, and select a target, can this be done.

3. At present if I double click an ability/item I can then swap it or put it in a new location on bar, 1. can we remove items without replacing and 2. can we actually drag and drop abilities/items.

Thank you.
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • 1) Icons use the size of the texture. Text is sized according to the text format defined.

2) Drag+drop is also possible if enabled in the HUD element - one click use is currently not possible.

3) Removing shortcuts can only be done in the HUD when using the Remove mode Inner Assign and assigning it somewhere else. Otherwise you'll either have to use sub-menus or the event system to remove them.
    Drag+drop is available, there are options in the HUD to allow it - also enabling drag+drop in menus allows to drag from a menu and drop on a slot to assign.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2015
    1) Icons use the size of the texture. Text is sized according to the text format defined.

TY, I have changed the size of the actual icon and that seemed to help but I should not have to do that, correct, I should be able to make the proper changes in the editor? Seems every time I make a change to the icon settings in editor nothing actually changes? I was able to change the size of the text as you mentioned. TY

2) Drag+drop is also possible if enabled in the HUD element - one click use is currently not possible.

I have set this all as drag n drop on all the menus from the TUT. I can double-click on an item/ability and then click on a old one or empt slot and it adds/changes, But nothing I do seems to actually drag/move an item/ability icon?

Since there is no current way to do the single click use can we set up an event linked to a slot that will fire an ability/item with 1 click? If so, any idea how to do that, other than keystroke. TY

I have set up some abilities that fire a prefab, they always spawn and follow target at or under ground level, I know it is linked to Y position, I think and have adjusted every Y setting I can find, nothing seems to alter the height, any ideas? TY.

Post edited by Williamian on
  • 1) Currently, all icons in ORK use the size of the texture used for that item.

2) If you can double click, you'll also be able to drag+drop - it uses the same mechanic in code.

You can use Control Maps to use slots as explained in the tutorial. There's currently no other way to simulate single click.

Did you add an offset when spawning the prefab and moving to target?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2015
    Sorry, I think that I am simply not understanding some of your explanations, my fault I am sure.

1. I guess what is confusing me is that I am using icons that have all the same size/format and the one assigned for skillbar empty slot fits perfectly with no alteration but the same icons do not fit when I add them for abilities, so I will need to actually alter the size/formats of the icons themselves or should I be able to do that in editor?

2. Yes, I have found out it does indeed work, I was under the assumption the actual icon would appear to move, is that supposed to happen, it will add/change position but i do not actually see it visualy moving?

3. Yes, TY. I know we can set it up with control maps but can it be set to only fire what is in any given slot via mouse click. The only way I see to do this now is to make only one ability/item fire on mouse click and not clicking a given slot.

4. I have set the Y at 2 for both spawn and movement, no change that I can see, could I be missing something else? TY.
  • 1) Seems strange - can you send me a small test project? If the icon fits the empty slot, it should also fit the assigned slot ...

2) You'll need to set up how you want to display the drag in Menus > Menu Settings. If you want it to follow the mouse, use a GUI Box that has Follow Cursor enabled in the Content Box Settings.

3) I'll look into adding one click use pptions.

4) Do you have using gravity enabled in the move step?
  • edited February 2015
    This weekend if not sooner I will set up a small project, TY very much.

I set the follow mouse setting in the skill bar GUI box but all that does is place the whole skill bar at the mouse, does not allow me to just drag the ability/items themselves.

Yes please, I am trying to make a simple action bar that will fire off any skill/item etc on one click with/without options to pick a target as many other games use, the DBL click just is not the best option. I noticed with the start menu for instance, you can click just 1 button and get an action so it seems you have the functionality in, just need to adjust it for use with a skill bar and like options. TY.

Yes, I tried positive number and negative numbers, no change.

If someone could post a pic of how one should be set up that would be great, TY.
  • HA, I saw the Gravity option in the move events, so, I think, hmm, let me add that to my attack ability that I am trying to get off the ground, and to my surprise,does nothing for that, but I am treated to my NPC flying into the air, HA, ha, ah.
  • edited February 2015
    The Follow Cursor option should be enabled in the GUI Box used in the drag settings in Menus > Menu Settings, not in the HUD's GUI box.

Additional click and auto targeting options are coming in the next update.

You can find an example of throwing a fireball (including movement above the ground) in this gameplay tutorial.
  • edited February 2015
    TY. I have looked in Menus > Menu Settings and I simply do not see the option to follow cursor.

I think I read about the click and other additions in the upcoming release, so, you will specifically be adding the option to 1 click I hope?

I am currently using the TUT ORK data as my base and am learning/adding and tweaking as I go. I am using the Unity new GUI.

I have followed the Fireball example TUT, it still travels at ground or below and all options I have tired do not seem to change his.

Here is a link to a very stripped down version of my current project-

Edit by gamingislove: Don't put links to projects here - please send them via PM or email :)

Not pretty. but does have the elements I am having issues with.

In the Icons folder are the 3 icons that I am having issues with, they all use the same format.

In the abilities and event folder are the prefabs and settings used for my ability that will not flow target above ground, it is called ArcaneMissle as is the event.

My skill bar is called Belt.

If you have a minute and can,

1. Make the adjustments to my icon or settings so they actually fit and abilities/items can be visually dragged.

2. Same for my arcane ability so it will be above ground level.

That would be awesome, these are the things that are really holding me up at the moment. I am sure I am just missing something simple, so by seeing what you do, I can replicate it.

Really appreciate the time and effort. TY.

• edited February 2015
    Don't post links to your project openly in the forum, send them via PM or email. Most importantly if you're using the full version :)

1) Your ability's icon has clearly a size of 128x128, the fitting icon has a size of 50x50.
    The HUD will use the size of the icon when displaying it, i.e. the 128x128 icon will clearly not fit in there.
    Either change the icon's size (i.e. the actual graphic), or wait for the next ORK version, where I'll most likely add options to define a size for the shortcut HUD labels :)

2) Your event is pretty messed up in some settings. You spawn the prefab on the prefab itself - select Actor and your User actor instead of prefab as the spawn's target.
    And your movement step is also wrong, unless you want to move the prefab into a direction using the player position as direction. Either define a direction (e.g. X=0, Y=0, Z=1 for forward) or use the Change Position step to move it to a defined target.
  • edited February 2015
    My bad, I totally forgot about that, sorry.

Icon issues mostly fixed, I resized the icons and made some adjustments to the Hud/Gui boxes, looks good. The Icon for empty still shows a little smaller than the assigned but not bad. TY. What was really driving me crazy was all the time I was trying to make the icons fit using the editor, and did not realize I could not, ha.

I looked through your TUT and settings a little closer, fixed the issues with the abilities height, only problem now is, when is gets very near the NPC target, the ability will lower toward its feet, any idea how to stop that? TY.

Still having no luck with visually dragging abilities/items, based on the TUT set up/could you post some pics or make the adjustments to the project I linked to, then I could see the changes I need to make, TY.

I read the latest post for the upcoming update, 1 click options and resizing icon, AWSOME, TY.

At the moment, when I dbl click icon or abilities, I get a popup of them right on top of my player and then click my target, I would like to have a simple target icon pop up instead to then move with mouse and click on target, can this be done?

Really love the quick response time and your taking user input, any ETA on the update?

Thanks.

• edited March 2015
    Hi -- Williamian--I have the drag and drop working flawlessly.

Did you set up the new layer? HUD Above Menu as mentioned in the Skillbar tutorial?
    Choose this GUI layer for your Skillbar HUD.

Also in the HUD for your skill bar, enable Dragging and Double Click and Inner Assign.

Also go to Menus, Menu Screens and in the screens for Inventory and Abilities. In the Inventory menu screen, for Item Box Settings---enable dragging, double click, and drag inactive. In the Ability menu screen, Ability Box Settings, enable the same.

If this still doesn't work, can you post some of your settings so I can compare to mine?
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • Hey Catacomber, I have fixed that issue, TY.

My big issue at the moment is-I looked through your TUT and settings a little closer, fixed the issues with the abilities height, only problem now is, when is gets very near the NPC target, the ability will lower toward its feet, any idea how to stop that? TY.

And for the Bottom Dialogue-

1. What setting will let me move the icon to the right and how can I remove this box, I looked at an disabled all show box-shadow options I could find, pic below, TY.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/axj35rj29lgrskl/1.jpg?dl=0
  • I want to thank everybody who has responded to my posts and Gamingislove for these awesome tools.

Let me introduce myself. I am William from FireCatGames, firecatgames.x10.mx. I am not so much making a game, as porting the one I have already started using different tools. The Guardians Quest Chapter 1. Your tools offer more options and are not a limiting as the curret set I am using but the breath and depth of options are a little overwhelming to me, ha.

Great Doc's, TUT's and help in the forums though.

I am just trying to get the look down that I need then I can port all the other assets and mechanics and adapt them to your tools and then continue to add and finish this current project. If all goes well I will be using it to adapt other current projects and new ones.

In particular I am having issues with these few things. All simple fixes I am sure, so please have a look when you have time an try and point me in the right direction TY.

I am using the TUT assets and project as my base and the new UI.

1. I need the ability to click on a target with a ability/item and have that target selected until dead or another target/object is chosen. I use a ring prefab to indicate that a target is currently chosen and would need that to activate on targeting and disappear after.

2. When using an item or ability I would like to be able to have the cursor change into Sword/hand/mouth etc, when over a targetable object.

3. I need my skill bar to appear on key press, I have that done, but start out not showing and to also show up when I am attacked/have an object targeted/or a enemy comes within range. I have found I can have it appear using your variables when my hit points change but then I cannot use the menu button to call or close the bar.

4. I would like the same ability for the player hud, but no need to call via button.

5. I would like to have the targets HUD with name/mana/health etc when available to also appear when targeted or player takes damage. Preferably to hove above object and follow it.

Any and all assistance with these items would be much appreciated. TY.

• edited March 2015
    Hey, I can't help you with your previous post but for aiming an ability at the npc and not at its feet---did you check gil's tutorial on hurling a fireball? It should help you or else try using the center of the target.

I can't see the pic with the box as it's too small when I click on it. Did you check your guibox? Make sure there's nothing in there except what you want?
    Post edited by Catacomber on