TALTAL
edited March 2015 in ORK Scripting
Hi.
I have a question about the formula.
The idea is simple, tested chance to hit, depending on the armor.
For example: A chance of hitting = 100% - Armor.

If the test passes, defended the character armor and damage will be decreases the value of armor. What makes it easy to hit in the next attacks.

If the armor does not protect, the same damage - decrease health.

If I attack with the formula ... How can you change the target of the attack?

I think it can be done using the barrier. And check if the attack ignores barier or lowers it. But I do not know if there is no simpler solution.
  • The armor would be a consumable status value used as barrier for the health.
    The hit chance formula uses the armor - if the hit occured, the Target Changes will be used, calculating damage and reducing health (or the barrier, if available).

I think that's the easiest way to do this :)
    Attack targets can't be changed, unless you do something in the battle event used to animate the action (e.g. not using the Calculate step for doing damage).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok.
    But... is there a way to formula selected or missed the option "ignore barrier" depending on the result?
  • You can always create your own logic in the battle events used by the ability.
    E.g. using a Check Chance step for the hit chance and Change Status Value steps to do damage, where you have additional setup to ignore stuff :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!