I'm up to tutorial 19 in the Game Tutorial series. In testing, I noticed it's quite difficult to see the enemy flash red. Almost every time I attack I do > 300 damage in one hit and kill them.

Just wanted to see if others have seen the same, or if I have set up something wrong?
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited March 2015
    That's most likely a critical hit - if it's occuring that often, you should probably check the chance formula (or the status values involved on your combatants). Otherwise, you can also check the damage settings in the ability.
    You can test formulas in the editor using selected combatants in the formula's setup.

Since animations are following in the later tutorials (e.g. animating death), the combatant's game object will be instantly removed when that happens, giving it no time to flash :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks, turns out I had accidentally created two value changes on the target change for the Attack ability, which was causing two hits to land at once! All good now.