edited February 2014 in ORK Support
So I'm using my own custom movement scripts for my player and I've set them up as shown in the tutorial (see below) the scripts are being added to the prefab fine.
However, when I enter combat my movement is not being disabled. I also added a "disable player movement" event to the spawn event just to make sure and this isn't disabling the movement scripts either.
I've checked in the inspector and there don't seem to be any duplicate players or scripts. Any ideas?

• edited February 2014
    You could try disabling the component for your character input in the beginning of an event and then re-enabling at the end.
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Hi Kirb,
    The issue I'm having is that my movement components are never disabled. They get added fine but anything that should block movement is leaving them active.
    I could handle the disabling myself in script but I would rather ORK managed it as it's possible manual management could cause it to go out of sync at some point.
  • That's strange ... do you get any error messages in the console?

Usually, as long as the scripts are descendants from MonoBehaviour and are added to the player, they should be handled without a problem.
    Can you send me your scripts to contact@orkframework.com?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • OK I've half fixed the problem.
    The issue was the player was being defeated instantly during a fight so I was being thrown back into wander mode.
    However, if I try to block player control through events it still doesn't seem to deactivate the components.
  • Like I said - without having your control scripts I can't test this, it's working with mine (and others) ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!