edited February 2014 in ORK Support
Somehow I've managed to set things up so that any time I click Calculate to test a Formula--even if it's a simple Formula like setting a value of 3--I get this error:

-------

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
ORKFramework.DefenceAttribute.GetStartValue (Int32 index)
ORKFramework.DefenceAttribute..ctor (ORKFramework.DefenceAttributeSetting baseAttribute, ORKFramework.Combatant o, Single factor)
ORKFramework.CombatantStatus.Init (ORKFramework.StatusDevelopment classStatDev)
ORKFramework.Combatant.Init (Int32 level, Int32 classLevel, Int32 classID)
ORKFramework.CombatantGroupMember.Create (ORKFramework.Group g)
ORKFramework.Editor.FormulasTab.ShowSettings ()
ORKFramework.Editor.FormulasTab.ShowTab ()
ORKFramework.Editor.ORKEditorSection.ShowTab ()
ORKFramework.Editor.ORKEditorWindow.OnGUI ()
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/monoAndRuntimeClassLibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

-------

I have dozens of backups, so I've been trying to sort everything out, but here's all I've been able to learn:

In a backup from February 6th, I still have all the same Defence Attributes as now, but testing the formulas only throws errors if I calculate them with a new Combatant who I added. (I still have all the demo Combatants with no changes to any of them.) So it doesn't seem like I set up the Attributes themselves wrong.

For testing, I deleted my new Combatant, then copied Brown Pants, renamed the copy, and tried testing the formulas with it. The copy still made the formulas throw an error and now even calculating with the original Brown Pants did too. Evil Pants, Evil Caster, and Evil Supporter were fine, though...

So I copied Evil Pants, renamed the copy, and tested. Same situation: because I made a copy, now both the copy and the original couldn't calculate formula results. (But Evil Caster and Evil Supporter were still fine.)

At that point I ran out of ideas and said it's time to recognize I have no clue what I'm doing and get in here asking for help. :D
Post edited by gamingislove on
twitter.com/JellyPaladin
  • Please send me your ORK project asset (Assets/ORK Framework/ORKProject.asset) to contact@orkframework.com.
    Usually, the attack/defence attributes are initialized to their default values (set up in the attributes). Overriding these defaults is optional and can be done in classes and combatants.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Via the power of emails, you can mark this thread solved. =)
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin