edited February 2014 in ORK Support
Hi! I have around 70+ status effects.

Inside Event Editor, I assign a ring to my combatant inventory.
Now, I want randomly give this ring some status effects.

Is the only way is to generate 70 different copies of ring, which with its own status effect?
Or there is some more elegant way to do so?

I assume, once item is in the inventory, its unique on its own, and I can at least assign some status effect for this particular item via code. But can this be done just be event editor?
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited February 2014
    You mean the ring is given a random status effect? Does it always have same status effect, does it change? Will the player have more than one of these rings at a time?
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • edited February 2014
    If ring has status effect, like Ring Of Luck, which gives +3 luck, effect is permanent. Player can have more then 1 ring equipped, but status effects does not stack.
    Post edited by ryumaster on
  • The only way is to create a ring for each effect - there is no automatic way of generating them.
    The easiest way is to create one ring and set it up as you need it and create copies of it, only changing the needed settings (e.g. the applied status effect and name of the ring).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2014
    I see. I guess, same applied for the scrolls and books? I.e., if I have 70 spells, I need to create 70 different scrolls, copying all the ability parameters? Like, I can not simply tell the spell to use already-set ability, or the book to lean already set ability from the ablities list?

Like, for ring its only assign a status effect, but copying whole ability is much more work.
  • edited February 2014
    Well, seems like it is not possible in any way now, so I'll just code my own helper-layer on top of existing inventory to settle this. Just really do not want to copy/past items, it will end up liek a mess, I have around 101 weapon type, so it would be like 700 items with all the status effects, lol.
  • Items can use and teach abilities out of the box, but you'll still have to create the items and select the ability they should use/teach. In the Use Settings of the item, you can select the Item Ability, which will decide if the item uses or teaches (learn) an ability.

It's the same as with equipment, you can't automatically create an equipment out of a status effect, but you don't have to recreate all settings of a status effect on the equipment, only need to select the effect out of the list in the equipment's settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ah, that is true, I am sorry. Course I can select them from the list. Seems like my brains melted yesterday.