edited April 2015 in ORK Support
I am following the tutorial with my own assets and I have made sure my assets all mirror the tutorial resources.

When I load my game and continue to the scene where my player spawns they are playing the idle state once, no loop. When I try to move them nothing happens. They don't move and they don't animate.

playerTest components include:
-Transform
-Animation
--animation - vb_idle
--animations
--size - 15
----element 0 - walk
----element 1 - run
--Play automatically - enabled
--Animate physics - disabled
--Culling type - Based on Renders
-Character Controller - standard nothing changed when added to the prefab
-Rigid Body
--mass - 1
--drag - 0
--angular drag - 0.05
--use gravity - disabled
--is kinematic - disables
--Interpolate - none
--collision detection - discrete
--constraints
----freeze positions - all enabled
----freeze potation - all enabled
Damage Zone (script) - standard nothing changed when added to the prefab
components added the playerTest at runtime:
Combat Component (script)
Button Player Controller (script)

I also get the following errors:
- 'playerTest(Clone)' AnimationEvent 'Destroy' has no receiver! Are you missing a component?
UnityEditor.DockArea:onGUI()
- 'playerTest(Clone)' AnimationEvent 'Destroy' has no receiver! Are you missing a component?
- NullReferanceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ORKFramwork.Behaviours.ButtonPlayerController.UpdateSmoothedMovementDirection()

Any help would be appreciated. I have been stuck here for days.
You will always fail at what you do not try.
  • Removed and started over with a fresh legacy character. When they spawn they have a capsule collider and a character controller attacked along with an animator. Before runtime they only have a list of animations. I am so freakin lost.
  • Check your object's animations - make sure the animations that should loop are set to loop. Also, the animation event errors mean that at least one of your animations has an animation event added which causes problems.

Make sure you have a camera in the scene that's using the main camera tag.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited April 2015
    I got the animations working and I have no clue how. Now my guy is floating off the ground. Will adding the character controller to the prefab solve this issue or is there a place to adjust this in ORK. I screwed up and made the transform center of the model down by his feet. So now that is another issue that I may just deal with.
    Post edited by robahouston on
  • When using built-in controls, you should add the character controller to your prefab and adjust it. If it's not found, the controls will add one.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok cool. Thank you. I am still getting some errors but the game appears to be running fine.