edited April 2015 in ORK Support
I am using events right now but they return to the main camera in the scene. Do I just make the camera events really large so the new camera position is forced as my character moves through an area?
Just diving into the camera thing so I don't really know what to do or how to go about this. I read the tutorial but it doesn't really cover what I am trying to do. Any insight would greatly be appreciated! Thank you!

Also, if you have any questions ask and I shall answer to the best of my abilities.
Post edited by gamingislove on
You will always fail at what you do not try.
  • The Camera Events and the event system will use the main camera (the camera tagged as main camera) unless told otherwise.

When using multiple cameras, you'll need to enable/disable them and/or switch the tags. Usually it's easier just having one camera and changing it's position instead.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Changing its position is done through the camera events? When I tried that the camera just froze until I left the camera event.
  • The Camera Event components will change the camera position depending to their settings. The camera control will be blocked while the camera event is used (i.e. while the player is in the trigger).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Okay. I will try that. Thank you. ;)
  • I have the event in the scene and the camera position setup in the framework. When I walk into the event area the camera just freezes until I walk out of the event area. The camera event is set to camera position but nothing happens. Camera positions is also set to a position offset with a target and local space disabled. Rotation is offset is disabled and lookout is enabled. Everything else is disabled.
    I tried to follow the tuts but they don't necessarily apply to my desired setup.
  • Did a quick test and works as expected. Naturally, the camera will freeze (using the Camera Position you've defined or placing it at a game object when using the On Object option), unless you use the Update Position option or Interpolate to the new position.
  • I am using the update position and the position is not identical to where the camera is now. It should move the camera to the updated position but it isn't. That is why I thought it might need to be a different camera. It is also supposed to be a static camera that uses smooth look at. I don't really want to have a camera that follows the player because the standard controls look funky (when you turn around 180 the camera will whip around). Though I may just have to settle for a 3/4 top down that follows the player. Or make my scenes smaller and use just one camera.
  • edited April 2015
    http://imgur.com/oBXAmr9
    http://imgur.com/Rv0RqdI
    http://imgur.com/qyfSM6N
    These are the settings I have right now. The camera settings on the left are for the camera that is in the scene when it loads. The settings on the right are supposed to move the camera to that location I think. Or I could just be totally wrong on how this is supposed to work. Oh yeah and now the camera is moving or it is updating the position somewhere totally unrelated. I have no clue why it goes here now. This was not happening last night.
    Post edited by robahouston on
  • The numbers are naturally not the same, as the Camera Position defines an offset to the target, not an absolute position in the world.
    It's probably better if you use the On Object camera placement in your camera event component. You can use a game object in the scene (e.g. an empty object) to place the camera exactly where you want.
  • That worked perfectly. Holy hell you're the best!