edited April 2015 in ORK Support
So I have a custom controller for a 2d sprite using mecanim and playmaker which works pretty well. But after looking at some battle tutorials, I begin to wonder how could I determine the direction a 2d character will be facing in ork? I suppose being able to check a mecanim parameter could be one way.
  • You should be able to determine the direction through the rotation of the sprite's game object, e.g. using the Check Transform step.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • The sprite isn't rotating. I use 2d velocity to move the player while using a mecanim blend tree to change the animation.
  • Maybe is better to use a custom function in your moving script, i could find a way myself to check the velocity of the player with ORK event (surely because i am using custom script that i did not myself by scratch. ^^). Instead, checking velocity from the script i suppose it woul be easily doable. :)
  • You can also check the 2D velocity, e.g. using one of the function steps (like Check Fields).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!