edited April 2015 in General Discussion
Greetings,

I've been trying to work with the Use Nearest Battle spot mechanic. At the conclusion of the battle, is it possible to have to player spawn back at the point where he initially encountered the enemy? If so, this would eliminate a lot of back tracking. E.g. not having to once again walk up a path or go down a dungeon hallway you just explored before engaging in combat.

Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Sure, similar to the gameplay tutorial on fighting in a different scene, you can store the player's position in the battle start event and place the player back on the position in the battle end event.

Storing the position can be done either using a Vector3 game variable, or by using the Set Scene Position step (which allows storing the player position+rotation per scene). You can use the variable or scene position in movement steps, e.g. just using Change Position.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited April 2015
    Thanks for information. I thought something along those lines would be possible. The part where I'm a bit lost is using the Change Position step. I don't see how to retrieve the data stored by the Set Scene Position step in the Battle Start Event ? I see Target Position but not anything like the Load Scene step in the tutorial where I see a direction correlation.

EDIT: I found what I was missing :D

In the Change Position step > Position > Value Type selected Scene Position. I decided not to use the Vector3 variable because I wanted to store position + rotation. So I used the Set Scene Position step in the start event as you mentioned above. Thanks again!
    Post edited by Squeaker on