• I think I might have found a bug with move AI in real time combat. When my ranged enemies get within stopping distance (30) they constantly stutter forward a tiny bit in between attacking. Also no matter what the settings are when I get within a certain range they just run towards me constantly. I've gone over all the settings and nothing affects these issues, so I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do.
  • During a battle with multiple player combatants (not realtime), it's possible for the order of the combatants to become incorrect in the battle menu.

Steps to reproduce:
    1) Start a non-realtime battle using multiple player combatants. (The battle menu will list combatants sorted in the correct order).
    2) Touch/click a player combatant.
    3) Touch/click the "Back" button.
    4) Bug: The battle menu now has player combatants sorted in an incorrect order.

ORKFramework 2.0.9
    Unity 4.3.4
  • I've set up a three-combatant party and when I change their equipment, the previews know what the correct values should become, but only the first combatant's status values actually change.

My status values are combined values and equipment doesn't change them directly, but instead affects a "Stat Multipliers" defence attribute that's used in their formulas. I don't know if either of those factors has anything to do with it, but since the first combatant's stat changes do take effect correctly, I feel like it's not that...
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin
  • I noticed if you use the Destroy Combatants(All) step in an escape event, the monsters are gone and wont respawn.
  • Ok, two things with real time battles. Firstly, is there any way to block the player from using attacks and the battle menu during an event? Like if you walk up to an NPC in a real time battle area and click the mouse (assuming your controls use the mouse for attacks) to advance to the next dialogue, the character attacks. Likewise if you click the battle menu button, the battle menu pops up. Even though character control is disabled. Also, if you try to use real time battle areas, whenever the player leaves a battle area he seems to stop running/walking and glides. Then if he enters an event while gliding he runs/walks in place in the event.
  • edited May 2014
    @Ntelliware:

Have you disabled Character Control MAPS? Try disabling your control maps at the beginning of any cutscenes to prevent your characters from attacking in cutscenes, I requested the node for that very reason; although you're using Battle Maps, so I'm not sure how that would factor in.

Not sure about the gliding issue, as I use the real-time battles everywhere. Good practice is to force an idle animation whenever a cutscene or event begins, though.
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • @ Kirb, I never noticed that step, that seems to work for blocking the attack animation and such. As such I could have the entire level be a real time battle area and fix the issues with the gliding, but if you have a turn based battle inside a real time battle area, the turn based battle won't start. So technically, fixing that small bug (starting a turn based battle inside a real time battle area) would solve the rest of the issues.
  • edited May 2014
    Yeah, not so sure about any workarounds for that issue, sorry. :(

@GiL

edit: Nevermind; different issue.
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • edited May 2014
    In the shop , when you sell all you have in the inventory , there is a null reference exception. And you can't escape the shop and have to restart the application
    Post edited by Tr1nome on
  • edited May 2014
    Oooh, yea, that does happen. Just tried it.

Anyway, Camera Events. I hit this when I was doing Tutorial 44. If you set your camera event to overlap a scene change event, you'll change scenes, and the camera will no longer follow the player. It will instead be where ever you left it when you made the scene (that you enter). If you go back, you can re-enter the camera event, but since the anchor to your character is lost, the camera stays where ever you leave the event.

EDIT: Just thought I'd mention, it can be avoided if you just leave a little bit of space in between.
    Post edited by Kale on
  • In the editor, when I switch between a combatant's attack attributes, all sub-attributes get reset to 100. The same thing happens to me with defense attributes.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Note: save you're work before checking. I'm not responsible for all your attributes getting reset O.o

ORKFramework 2.0.9a
    Unity 4.3.4
  • Do you mean attribute setting under combatants? It seems to be working fine for me. Doesn't reset.
  • @tanaka
    I guess you're refering to the start value settings for attack/defence attributes?
    You have to add the settings for each attribute you want to have different start values on the combatant. So, when you change the selected attribute in the popup, it will naturally reset, because you're using a different attribute instead :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @Kale Thanks for looking into, but you're right, it's not a bug. It's just me being an idiot :P

@GiL Yep, I forgot I had earlier pressed the Add Field Change button to get the list of sub-attributes in the first place. So I was totally overlooking it when I came back to this section.

Sorry guys, my bad!
  • When starting a new game from a main menu scene, the Music Player script does not respect any of the "fade" Play Types. The music simply stops, even if the next scene has a Music Player with Play Type of "Fade To".

ORKFramework 2.0.9a
    Unity 4.3.4