edited May 2015 in General Discussion
Hi there! I recently purchased Ork, and I was wondering if anyone had any tips regarding mobile RPG games. I have never finished a game, just toyed around with some stuff in my free time, however I want to attempt to finally make one with Ork.

Any advice regarding scene sizes, etc, to help performance or gameplay would be greatly appreciated!
  • edited May 2015
    Plan everything ahead.
    Use atlased textures where you can.
    Keep your texture sizes as small as you can and try smaller if they still look good. I use 512 but if when I can get away with 256 I do. If I can get away with 128 I do. : )
    Make small levels that will load fast. I use real terrains and haven't had a problem if I keep,them small. I make my own rocks out of sculpting the terrain and painting that bit of terrain when I can --to cut down on the number of objects to be loaded in the scene.
    Try to keep your audio file sizes small. Ogg is good. : )
    Make your particle sizes small and don't use too many in the same scene.

And read the threads in the Unity forum for the platform you are designing your game for. It might help you anticipate what you might run up against and the quirks of each mobile platform. You might pick up some tips there.

Can't emphasize that enough. Read the Unity forum threads to see what others are experiencing and where they need to jump over hurdles.

That's a start. :)
    Post edited by Catacomber on