I need to set up a First Person Controller for my Player on PC so I can make a PC short demo--not the whole game but a little bit.

Using Mac I am using my own controls.

For PC I want to use the First Person Camera and the arrows WASD to move around.

I don't know how to do this. Do I add the Unity settings for movement etc--horizontal and vertical etc. And how do I do that and keep the settings I already set up for my hotbar and other menus?

Going to be experimenting but any help is much appreciated. It might be easier for me to add an onscreen control I know works with PC.
Post edited by Catacomber on
  • edited May 2015
    I thought I could get my Mac controls to work on PC and although they work in the editor, not in a built game.
  • edited May 2015
    This was so easy to do using ORK1 but somehow I can't get this to work now.

Somehow I'm lost here! ^^ I'm sure it's something simple.

I just need a First Person Prefab that can move using the wasd arrows and look around using the First Person Camera in ORK on Windows PC.

I thought ORK's built in Mouse control would work with the First Person Camera but somehow it's not happening. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

The camera seems to be the culprit. I can move but the camera isn't right.
  • Either use ORK's first person controls (i.e. player controls Button with First Person enabled, camera controls First Person) or use custom controls.

Setting up WASD movement (when using ORK controls) would be done by changing your horizontal/vertical input keys to use those keys instead of the arrow keys. Or use Unity Input Manager keys and set them up in the input manager :)
    For mouse look, you'll need to add 2 new input keys that use input manager keys (which use Mouse Movement, one X and one Y axis).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2015
    I'm having trouble with the First Person camera. Am not using Mouse Look. I just want the camera to allow the player to turn. Never mind-- adjusting the sensitivity worked. Thanks very much for your patience. :)

Am going to stick with using a joystick for my demo-- the action bar and a lot of other objects are geared to mouse movement and while using the arrow or wasd keys for movement works very smoothly-- to switch from key to mouse in battle is hard and I don't have the time right now to change all my inputs to keys.

But Gil thanks for your help. I think I will use arrows and first person camera for some PC game in the future but will have to plan everything -- action bar, etc. all to work with keys. :)
  • Actually changing the keys for the hot areas painlessly simple. So using arrows to move and keys to fight now. :)