Looking for some more input from fellow devs.
The story I have concord revolves around the player (hero character that the player generates ) and 3 friends. Right now, the player can generate all 4 characters. I'm wondering if I should limit it to the hero character only.
I have back story developed for each. But, I didn't want to try and write dialog Ala Dragon Age or Baulder's Gate for each since it is just Yael working on the game.
There is a weird bug with my setup (gil can't reproduce and I can't find the provlem) so, I reworked my game a bit for the reason a game over occurs if the hero dies and the rest of the party still lives. Thus, my question. :)
  • Maybe having one hero and then adding other character could be better: you have the chance to entertain more the player even with side-characters quest/story and you could scale enemies strength while the party is formed by 1-2-3-4 characters. They don't need to be long addition (if characters are just part of the story and you will develop the game around a 4-man complete group) , just small side-quests that the player have to complete to fulfill the party in early stages. ^^

About the bug, which is your battle settings? Turn based? Did you set in the proper battle setting "Defeat on player death option"?
  • Turned base. Yeah, I set it correctly. I do not mind the change. I think it may be better this way.:)
  • Well, your problem isn't happening with my setup, I'd need a test project to see what you've done differently :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!