edited May 2015 in ORK Support
Hello,

I have a "PlayerMove" Script on the Player Prefab.
When the player is in the scene or Battle area he still moves during the battle.
He simply moves during times when ORK would normally tell the player not to move.

ORK can see my camera but not the PlayerMove.cs Script.
I also checked the name of the class and they are the same also.

• edited May 2015
    In the editor, Base/Control are your Player Controls set to None? I'm using a custom script like that for my player and it works flawlessly. I don't know your setup but I can move my player during battles using a joystick--don't you want your player to move during battle?

Post edited by Catacomber on
  • HI,

I am doing turn based combat and the player / enemies are located in a new scene.
    So I am trying to get no movement from the player while in the battle scene.

• Is the player control set to be blocked in your turn based battles?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hello,

Yes, the player control set is blocked.
    I have it set to "All Actions"
    Not sure what is happening :(

I did notice that when I turn off the script prior to doing testing the animations work and then when in the Battle scene I have no control of the character. So It would seems to work that way. However I am pretty sure it doesn't work that way...right? :P

Whats your thoughts on that? Weird right?

• Well, the All Actions block will only block the control during actions, i.e. you'll be able to move when none of the combatants does something (e.g. during battle menu). Select the Battle control block to block the controls during the whole battle.

Is your control attached to the root of your player? If not, ORK will only find it if you enable On Child Object. If you're using the Child as Root setting in your combatant, you'll also need to enable the From Root option in your custom controls.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hello,

My control is attached to the root.

When looking at the above images:
    Is there a way to add the Player Model ( Animator) & Floor Checks (Transform)
    using ORK custom control area?

Thanks

• No, only simple values (e.g. bool, float, string) can be set.
  • I did what you suggested, Ork is seeing the script just like you said.
    Now, Just need a way to add Animator in code. :)

Okay Awesome! thank you gil!