edited February 2014 in ORK Support
Hi, this question is at anybody who knows about this.
So I have events that I deactivate in a scene, because I'm done with them. I also make sure they have a variable to make them accessible and not accessible. I deactivate to make the object it is assigned with invisible. However, when I save the game and re-load the deactivated event is visible again. Is there anyway for the save file to remember deactivated events? I looked in the save settings and couldn't see anything, maybe I missed it?

Thanks
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Use the Variable Conditions in the Event Interaction. They have an Auto Destroy setting, which automatically destroys the event's object if the conditions aren't met :)

Beside that, you can use the Variable Event component to do the same thing.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks, I auto-destroy got it :p
  • Hey, not sure if this is a bug or just me doing something wrong so I'll post here. Basically I have the auto destroy set up and it works to make events stay gone. However, when I enter a scene with both a start and end variable and have auto-destroy checked, I have to reload the level for the events that are activated by a variable to take action. This happens for any event I have auto-destroy on.

Example: Load into scene > Event with auto destroy + start and end variable on = not loaded > Go back to last scene > Go back to the scene the event hadn't loaded = It now loads
    I'll include a pic of my event setup
  • I guess this should be an AutoStart event?
    Because your start type is set to None ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hey, that's not how I usually have it set up. I usually have it set to interact.
    This was a quick demonstration and I forget to set the type :p
  • Did a quick test with an Interact event and it works as expected.

Due to the variable condition, the event is available - I interact with it, it disappears afterwards.
    When returning to the scene, it's still gone because the variable has been set accordingly ...
  • Hmmm, is it possible the scene I'm using is bugged and causing the problem? Because at the moment I have to load the scene twice for any event to appear that has auto-destroy on. Even if it's an event that has just been loaded by entering the scene. It can be an event that's called upon during a quest. So when the event itself loads, I'd have to go to a different scene and come back for it be functional.
  • So, the events are destroyed when you first enter the scene ... probably because your variables aren't yet set up as they should. Is the variable already set when you enter the scene?

E.g. if the variable is set in an autostart event in the scene, it'll be set after the other events did their variable condition check, so they'll be destroyed.
  • edited March 2014
    I have a load screen after the intro that turns on all variables that are needed at the start. So the variable for the events are already pre-loaded a few scenes prior to entering the scene.
    I just did a test via a different scene and it worked fine.I have double checked to make sure the variables are set up properly via the load screen, it appears to be only on this one scene they won't load properly.
    Post edited by Loopdaloop on
  • So, the same event with the same event interaction settings works in a different scene?
    Than there's definitely something going on in the scene - maybe some autostart event that's doing something?
  • edited March 2014
    Yeah, worked fine in a different scene. Wouldn't of been an autostart. I scanned the scenes events and the only autostart I had was a few dialogue boxes + cam positions + movement steps to set up the scene entrance when entering for the first time. all variables that were needed straight away were done via the 'loading screen'. Alas, the scene was not that important anyway so it's not a huge loss and can be remade easily enough. Not a huge deal, I was just curious what could have been bugging it out.
    Post edited by Loopdaloop on