edited June 2015 in ORK Support
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help.

I have just updated Unity to 5.02 and downloaded another game kit to use in combination with ORK.

I ran my start level (which has not changed at all)

When I run it I get a message in the console saying cannot use multiple event systems. I then click New Game and the screen goes black but doesn't load the level (even though it did before)

Any idea how I fix this?

Thanks
Post edited by martyn on
  • it seems I caused it as I basically copied and pasted the folder for the game to manually back up my project and it seems that one works but the other copied one doesn't - any idea why?

As I normally always do this to back up projects
  • If you copied the project while it's opened in Unity, that can cause issues (e.g. stuff in the scene that'd normally be destroyed and not saved).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • ah it seems when I import the other kit into this one it overwrites the player settings, resulting in it breaking ORK....hmm bit of a pain as wanted to use this kit with ORK
  • The player settings shouldn't really have any influence on ORK.

The event system issue is related to the new UI - ORK creates it's own canvas (+event system) to generate the menus, HUDs and dialogues. If the other kit also creates an event system, that will result in the issue, because Unity doesn't like 2 (UI) event systems.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ah I see

Testing it with the 3d tower defence game kit - it uses unity UI, will have to see how I can get it to work :)

Or see if another kit would work
  • You could set ORK to use the legacy GUI system (Menus > Menu Settings), that should solve the problem for now.
  • Hey I solved this.

I do get the error that I cannot have multiple event systems but the game is playable - I cannot imagine there would be a time when both kits will be running at the same time as ill be using the other kit to run on a separate scene as ORK but will see

The reason it wouldn't work is because when I imported the other kit it removed the scenes from the build menu :P opps
  • martyn if you can mark your post solved by editing your first post so GIl dont have to do it wold be really nice :p

an alot of kits will erase build settings.. done what you have done a few times. just look for level (name of level ) not in build settings in your console when adding new kits if they dont start right ..
    new website can be found here http://www.fore-loregames.com

Follow the game Development on Twitter https://twitter.com/Fore_Lore_Games

or check out the face book page here https://www.facebook.com/ForeLoreGames
  • Done - cheers :)