• Yep, that's a bug - will be fixed in the next update.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • When I set "Start size" greater than 0 in the pool system, let set it 10.
    Then there will be 20 objects created in the scene and only 10 of the last created object got used in pooling and the other first 10 never enable.
    Even when I spawn more object is just created a new one and completely ignore the first 10.
    This is a bug, right? Because I don't think this is how pooling supposes to work.
  • Hm, yeah, there seems to be an issue - will be fixed in the next update.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Do you use Trello?
    So anybody can post a bug on that!
    I think use Trello is more convenient to report a bug!
  • edited June 2019
    What does this mean?

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Makinom.GUIHandler.ShowGUI () (at <15fb6c49562b4143904b64264a0e08b1>:0)
    Makinom.MakiCore.FireGUITick () (at < aa00b4de88e048558c06d6e5c3b0cc59>:0)
    Makinom.MakinomHandler.OnGUI () (at < aa00b4de88e048558c06d6e5c3b0cc59>:0)

I have no idea why I got it but is just show me this error randomly.
    Now for some reason it keeps showing me this error everytime I save setting in Makinom editor:

Failed to unload 'Assets/_Makinom_Project_Backups/636956911951268596.asset'
    UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:DeleteAsset(String)
    Makinom.Editor.MakinomAssetHelper:SaveProjectAsset(Boolean)
    Makinom.Editor.EditorSecurity:SaveProject(Boolean)
    Makinom.Editor.ProjectSaveHandler:SaveData(MakinomEditorWindow)
    Makinom.Editor.ProjectSaveHandler:ShowGUI(MakinomEditorWindow)
    Makinom.Editor.MakinomEditorWindow:OnGUI()
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    Post edited by Night on
  • Hm, I don't really see anything that could cause this error, unless there has already been an issue when initializing the UI system ...
    Do you get any other errors before that?

For the error in the editor - try deleting the complete _Makinom_Project_Backups folder.
  • Deleting the complete _Makinom_Project_Backups folder solve that error thank!

Now for the GUI error, I don't see it anymore when I delete the canvas in the scene.

But now new error shows up!
    Makinom.Editor.MakinomEditorWindow.SaveEditorSettings () (at <2430484e21b94de29fa717eab45f8099>:0)
    Makinom.Editor.MakinomEditorWindow.OnDestroy () (at <2430484e21b94de29fa717eab45f8099>:0)
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallGlobalEventHandler()

It happens whenever I press Shift+Space to enlarge the editor.
    I'm using Unity 2018.4.0f1 Lightweight.
  • edited June 2019
    Hm, will also give that a try in 2018.4 LTS version, although the only way that error would be possible is if the EditorData asset couldn't be created, which would hint at your disk space being nearly filled and Unity no longer creates new assets ...

Edit: Ah, it's only happening when the Makinom editor is docked :)
    Will be fixed in the next update.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Nice! Glad to see you find out the problem personally not just guessing what I mean.
    But does that error cause any harm right now?
  • edited June 2019
    Now it throws me this error again

Makinom.GUIHandler.ShowGUI () (at <15fb6c49562b4143904b64264a0e08b1>:0)
    Makinom.MakiCore.FireGUITick () (at < aa00b4de88e048558c06d6e5c3b0cc59>:0)
    Makinom.MakinomHandler.OnGUI () (at < aa00b4de88e048558c06d6e5c3b0cc59>:0)

Now I know why is showing me this error.
    If I let Makinom floating like this
    https://ibb.co/1mtCS5w
    And also docked it like this
    https://ibb.co/FnT1kRS
    and this
    https://ibb.co/TkcJMGw
    And exit play mode then I get the error.

And error not showing up when I switch tab to the Scene view
    https://ibb.co/R7JKBzD

So...basically error only appears when Makinom editor is visible when exiting play mode.
    But not when Makinom editor is hiding from view.
    Post edited by Night on
  • Oh! I forgot to mention that this will happen if I got that error.
    https://imgur.com/SOqt5vE
  • What an 'Update UI text' use for? Is throw me a bunch of error when I try to add it!
    Makinom.Behaviours.UpdateUIText.OnBeforeSerialize () (at <6269395c409346c0ba323b3749f9b3fb>:0)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow:RedrawFromNative()

Makinom.Behaviours.UpdateUIText.OnBeforeSerialize () (at <6269395c409346c0ba323b3749f9b3fb>:0)
    UnityEditor.Undo:RecordObject(Object, String)
    UpdateUITextInspector:Setup(UpdateUIText)
    UpdateUITextInspector:OnInspectorGUI()

UnityEditor.HostView:OnInspectorUpdate()

and also the 'Update UI slider' too.
  • Hm, yeah - will be fixed in the next update.
    These components are used to udpate the text of a Text component and the value of a Slider component.
  • Aren't there is a node for that?
    Hmm! Well, has more option never hurt right! :)
    Make this fix be the last thing of your to do list.
    Because I think I'm not gonna use it anytime soon!
    I think is also true for other :D
    Because if they need it they sure report this error long ago!
  • Yes, there are also nodes for that - but there are also components to automatically update them without having to use a machine/schematic :)