Is there a way to do this via Makinom or the ORK Framework? I know Apple likes them. They not only like them, they prefer them. The checkboxes to include Game Center and In App Purchases are pre-checked for a game in iTunes Connect.

I haven't used them but if you're making a game with Makinom for ios or the ORK Framework it seems to me that it would be a good idea to make the kind of game where the player could get some stuff in game but also buy some stuff from In App Purchases and get on the leader boards at GameCenter. I think Prime 31 has an in app purchases plugin but how to get it to work with ORK Framework and/or Makinom? Has anyone tried it? And there are various Plugins for Game Center. Has anyone tried any of those?

I think this is kind of important. I've never actually used it before but I think for the Appstore it's a good thing to have -- especially the ability to get on the leaderboards at GameCenter.
I have a few weeks' rest now--a vacation--before we start on our next game and I think this is a good thing for me to try during that vacation. : )

So I think it's time that somehow using whatever plugin and whatever mechanic, we get those two things working seamlessly with our great editors here.

I'd like to start getting GameCenter to work -- I don't really care about In App Purchases although I know those also are important to Apple just need a heads-up how to hook up to an Asset store plugin for Game Center.
Post edited by Catacomber on
  • I'll need to look into it - for now, you probably could add them using Call Function or Change Fields nodes (both Makinom and ORK).

If it's possible to add them with only using Unity, I'll add nodes for them to Makinom, otherwise I'll look into making a plugin for that :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Super-wonderful! :-)
  • edited June 2015
    @Cat, you might want to try this game center plugin or this onein the meantime. For all the previous iOS titles I've worked on we rolled our own solutions to talk to the apple api, but that latter one in particular looks like it does everything.

Here's a link to Unitys social API which can connect to stuff like achievements and leaderboards, but requires coding on your end to use.
    Post edited by Firrerreo on
    My little chunk of the internet: http://artemic.com
  • edited June 2015
    Thanks, Gil, that would be wonderful! Especially for Makinom. :)

@ Firrerreo, thanks for the links. Will check them out.

EDIT-- iOS Native looks like it would cover everything and is reasonably priced. A plugin for that would be great.
    Post edited by Catacomber on