i thought of it before but eventually forgotten it.

-for example i will make a Totalsteal variable..then i will make a attack event that will add a +1 to Totalsteal

-then i will make a skill that damages enemy base on the number of times i successfully steal on a enemy.
  • That's possible - you can use variables in formulas as values.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • good to know :)

How about a count ? i have this Prosperity variable also..

i have a recruiting mechanics that when you invite someone in your village the Prosperity will go up
  • Doesn't matter what the actual value stands for or where it's changed - when it's a float value, you can use it as a value in formulas :)

Use a Value step and set the Value Type to Game Variable. Define the variable key you want to use, optionally, you can also use object variables for that :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2015
    Use a Value step and set the Value Type to Game Variable
    you mean variable steps ?:) ok it's fine now.. thanks!

optionally,how can i trace how much prosperity value currently i have in a dialogue? aside from checking the prosperity (float value) from 0 - 100 ?
    Post edited by Alex1234 on
  • No, use the Value step if you want to use the variable for formula calculations. The variable steps can only check and change variables.

You can add the value of a variable using text codes. Use the buttons above the text area (click on More) to add text codes to your text.
  • edited July 2015
    hmm.. i didn't explain my situation well,sorry for that :)

the formula calculation is applicable in my first question because it's battle related..

the prosperity thing i ask next is all about event,let say i made a variable called prosperity, i talked to this dude and he joins in my army if so,the prosperity variable will increase by 1 or any amount i want.. then i can check that prosperity variable for selecting events depends on that prosperity count.
  • Yes, that's pretty basic :)
  • edited July 2015
    yeah, i was just confused :)

problem solved..thanks gil :) but i was wondering what's the difference between value & game variable
  • Value: the defined value is used
    Game Variable: the value of the defined game variable is used.

E.g. using Value 'key' will use 'key'.
    Using Game Variable 'key' will use whatever is stored in game variable 'key'.
  • hang with me because i still don't get what is the difference :)

i will use the simpleprosperity event i made as example..

i set a event dialogue steps that every time i talked to that dude it increases the prosperity by 1.. in the change variable step i set the value type of prosperity variable to value and it worked just fine, the prosperity are increasing however it doesn't work whenever i set the value type of prosperity to game variable that's the part i get confused

• The Value Type of the variable key settings is only for the variable key, not for the type of the variable.
  • edited July 2015
    i understand now! thanks gil :)