I decided to try tweaking with the real time battles by adding a first person character controller and some custom animations. The biggest problem I've run into now, and can't seem to solve, is that whenever I defeat an enemy it automatically changes the camera to somewhere outside of the map. I've disabled Ork's player and camera controls, and I've tried both removing the battle end event and altering the events to remove any camera directions. Even when everything is set to avoid collecting battle gains and the like, the camera still buggers off.

Am I missing something?
  • If it's happening when an enemy dies, it's most likely based on a setting or step in the enemy's death event.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I had deleted all of the camera steps from the events themselves. I went in and double checked, and it turns out disabling the camera settings entirely in the event settings step fixed the problem.

Thanks for the help!

• I have some further questions regarding real time battles. I figured I would add them here instead of cluttering the forum.

First, combat works fine so long as I set the damage dealers to activate automatically. However, I decided to set them manually in the event to get better control over when the damage is dealt during an animation. It works in that it deals damage, but doing it manually does not play the damage sound or spawn prefabs. Setting the event to auto-activate the damage dealers plays the damage sound, but manually activating them does not. Am I missing something?

Also, I'm looking to set up a system where weapons will have multiple attacks and animations. Say, pressing the attack button once will play one animation, but if you press the attack button again in a certain time or under certain parameters it will play a follow up animation and attack. I've seen mention of combos, so I figure this is possible. However, I'm wanting different weapons to have different attacks, both in their attack abilities and animations. So, they're not just playing different animations for the same attack ability, but actually performing different abilities -- say, a thrust animation will deal thrusting or piercing damage, and a slashing animation will deal cut damage -- but, they do so based on each weapon's stats.

I apologize if I'm rambling. I'm just curious as to the best way to start setting something like that up. Would each weapon need, for example, its own control map? Or are there different ways of going about it?
  • When manually activating the damage dealers (using an Activate Damage Dealer step), you have to define the prefab and audio clip in the step. Also, you need to disable the damage dealer again, otherwise it will stay active and continue to do damage.

Weapons can override the combatant's base attack with the Override Attack option. You can define it's own attacks there. If it's just for different animations, you can use the animation overrides of weapons in the weapon's animation settings. Define the animations you want to override by the weapon in a new animations setting (Base/Control > Animations) and use that for your weapon.
    Different attacks can be done by adding multiple base attacks. The attacks will be cycled through, i.e. after using attack 1, attack 2 will be next, etc.
    You can limit the time an attack is available using the Available Time setting of the ability.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'm pleasantly surprised, that's a lot simpler than I was expecting. Thanks!