edited July 2015 in ORK Support
Hey guys, I literally just started on the "First steps" tutorials and I'm already stuck. From what I can tell, I followed all the directions correctly, but the brown pants character is not appearing - instead all I get is a shadow. it does move around with the arrow keys, however.

Furthermore I'm getting errors in the console that I have no idea how to interpret.

Recursive Serialization is not supported. You can't dereference a PPtr while loading. (Constructors of C# classes may not load objects either eg. EditorGUIUtility.TextContent should be moved to OnEnable. See stacktrace.)
UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:LoadAssetAtPath(String, Type)
ORKSceneWizard:.ctor()
UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUti

^ This one appeared 46 times as I opened the project.

ArgumentException: GetLocalizedString can only be called from the main thread.
Constructors and field initializers will be executed from the loading thread when loading a scene.
Don't use this function in the constructor or field initializers, instead move initialization code to the Awake or Start function.
TreeEditor.TreeGroupLeaf..cctor ()
Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for TreeEditor.TreeGroupLeaf

^ This one appeared as I clicked New Game in the menu.

Is this something I've done wrong or has something bugged out that is beyond my control?
Post edited by Natnie on
Olive Branches ~ in development ~ now with a WEBSITE!!!
  • If you're using Unity 5 and downloaded the Unity 4 tutorial assets (or using the old tutorial assets from before Unity 5 support) you can expect some issues that need to be updated to Unity 5.
    If you're using the Unity 5 tutorial assets (you should have those if you've downloaded them in the last few months), try adding the toon shaders to the always included shaders using the Unity menu: Edit > Project Settings > Graphics
    If that doesn't help, you can also try adding them to the preloaded shaders there.

The first error/warning message is a Unity error when having custom editors docked when opening Unity. It's marked as solved in future updates in the Unity issue tracker since some time, so we'll need to wait for that.

The 2nd error seems to come from Unity's tree creator and got nothing to do with ORK itself - could be from the tutorial asset trees, but never had this error (maybe there was an issue when importing them or you're using Unity 4 assets in Unity 5).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for the quick response! I'll try out your solution.
  • edited July 2015
    Oh, I used Reimport All and it works now. Something must not have imported correctly.
    (I'm glad it wasn't a user error, haha)
    Post edited by Natnie on
  • Well, sometimes stuff happens :D
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2015
    Okay! New problem!

I'm on Tutorial 23, setting the Battle Start Event. Upon attempting a camera position change, I get this error in the console:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ORKFramework.Events.Steps.ChangeCameraPositionStep.Execute (ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent baseEvent)
    ORKFramework.Events.BattleStartEvent.ExecuteNextStep ()
    ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent.StepFinished (Int32 next)
    ORKFramework.Events.Steps.LookAtEnemiesStep.Execute (ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent baseEvent)
    ORKFramework.Events.Steps.SpawnCombatantsStep.Execute (ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent baseEvent)
    ORKFramework.Events.Steps.PlaceAtSpotsStep.Execute (ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent baseEvent)
    ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent.Tick (Single delta)
    ORKFramework.Behaviours.BattleComponent.Update ()

Now I have set up the camera position as described in the tutorial... any ideas?

The transition works as normal when I remove the camera position change nodes.
    Post edited by Natnie on
  • Hm, are you using the main camera (event settings) or a different camera, and is your camera tagged as main camera?
  • Where can I find the Event Settings?
    I haven't fiddled with any of the default cameras that came with this tutorial, if that helps. Did I miss a step?
  • edited July 2015
    Oh sorry, you meant the Event Settings node. Yes, Use Main Camera is selected.
    Post edited by Natnie on
  • Wait, I think it was to do with having "Wait between" checked. It doesn't tell me why the battle start movement failed originally, but I'll take it...
  • Wait, no, that wasn't it.
  • OK Here's what's happening.

If I set the camera to Fade Position, it will work. If I use Use All with Wait Between, it breaks.
    I cannot figure out why this would be, except some kind of glitch?
  • Yep, it's a bug - will be fixed in the next update :)
  • Awesome, thanks!
  • edited July 2015
    Alrighty, here's a new one.

Tutorial 41, adding a shop.
    I am able to pay for an item, but the item is not added to my inventory. Any idea why this would happen?

edi: actually, I could be mistaken. It seems regular items are bought, but equipment is not showing up in the Equip menu. Presumably I did something wrong.
    Post edited by Natnie on
  • OK now I have things showing up. I think.