I followed the tutorial; need my character's helmet to always be displayed. I have all game states on 'ignore' and set up the equipment viewers as directed. When I click on preview I see the helmet, but not during the game. I make sure the preview clone is removed before running the test so as to not create any issues. So why is the preview showing but not the real thing?
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • This might be a silly question but is the helmet something his class can wear? Did you tick the box?
  • And do you even have the helmet equipped? :D
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yes his class can wear it, I ticked the box and also for the body part. lol how do I equip it (is this in a later tutorial?) ? According to the tutorial it only says to do certain things in the equipment viewer component like 'ignore' all fields so it always shows.

Does it still need to be equipped during runtime?

• I know the equipment viewer has to be set up right at least because when i preview the items they show....but otherwise they do not. I'm sure it's some mistake on my part hehe. I just don't know what exactly yet
  • Yes, it still needs to be equipped :D
    Equipment viewers show the equipment that's currently equipped on the equipment part they're displaying. Equipment is changed in menu screens (which are added later in tutorials 35-37). For now, you can add the helm in the player combatant's start equipment settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2015
    ohhh lol thanks man. Yeah I had a feeling I made some kind of mistake. Thanks well now I'm looking forward even more towards the end of the tutorial.

One last thing. I just want my field battles to act as real time battles instead of separately adding real time battle areas. I can equip anything in field mode after I get past the equip tutorials right?
    Post edited by gimme on
  • Yes
  • Nice. Thanks