edited August 2015 in ORK Support
Hi again! Now that I have the battle working slightly, I'm having issues with the Battle view camera. When player enters Turn-based battle mode, I managed to manipulate the position of the camera in World > Camera Positions. Currently the camera is in Top Down Border. My grief is how to add a new camera position to the Battle. One for Regular battles, and another for Boss fights that I'm trying to achieve. Is that possible?

Another question is that, how can I use the editor/node scripts for the manipulation of the battle view?

Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Hi!
    Did you tried to add one more Camera Position and add another Battle Start Event for Boss Fight, and specify there new Camera Position?
  • edited August 2015
    To answer the latter question, it depends on what you want to do. Let's say for example that you want to change the camera when a player casts a spell. What you can do is in your calculate effect event which handles the spell cast, you add a Change Camera Position node.

Set up a camera position and select it in this node, and select the target or user as the actor to focus the camera on. If you followed GiL's tutorials, you'll have something like a "Battle End" camera position made - just use that for now to test it out. If you want the camera to move into position and not just jump there, check "Fade Position" and choose how many seconds you want it to take to get there - just make sure that it's less than the amount of time the event takes to finish.

You could extend this to randomly select from multiple camera positions, or only 50% of the time change the camera on spell cast.
    Post edited by Firrerreo on
    My little chunk of the internet: http://artemic.com