edited August 2015 in ORK Scripting
I'm working on a game that's just 1v1 active combat fights. You equip gems to gain your abilities, this is the only equipment I have. While equipped you can use the ability attached to the gem. I have everything working good. You can drag the abilities you learn to the skillbar. But what I want to do is update the skillbar based on the equipment without dragging the abilities to the bar. So when you put a Gem in Gem slot 1 the Skillbar slot 1 it will update accordingly. This should help streamline the player experience, else u feel like your doing the same thing twice.

I can hack my way around code but got kinda hung up looking for a solution in the API. I think I know how to check what you have equipped, but I got lost at grabbing the Skillbar of the Hero and doing anything to it in code. Any help would be nice. I kinda took a few months off from working on it when I got stuck, so hopefully I'm explaining everything right. Thanks!
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • When you have the combatant, you can call this to get and set shortcuts:

Get:
    IShortcut shortcut = combatant.Shortcuts[index];

Set:
    combatant.Shortcuts[index] = shortcut;

index is an integer and represents the index of the shortcut.
    The IShortcut interface is implemented e.g. for abilities in the AbilityShortcut class. You can get a combatant's abilities through accessing combatant.Abilities through various methods.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I learned so much! Thanks. I didn't get how the IShortcut interface worked before this for some reason. I got everything working great now, and understand the full power of things now.