edited August 2015 in General Discussion
Am using hot bars for abilities. Each ability has an input key. Tap on icon you fire the ability. Just like in the tutorial. Works fine.

But---I want to use the hot bar icons to represent my party members as well as have them fire abilities. How can I somehow set up some kind of dummy health for them so they can get hurt and die and heal? And still fire abilities while they're "alive"?

Or is there a better way to do this?

Post edited by Catacomber on
  • The Shortcut HUD element is part of the Combatant HUD, where each HUD represents one combatant. I.e. you can't have different combatants mixed in one.

You'd need to have a HUD for each combatant, either set them up individually or use the options to display the HUD for the whole group (where each combatant will have their own HUD box, using the offset settings).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2015
    I need a little bit more help here. I know how to set up a HUD for my combatants. But how tap on their icon and fire an ability. Not sure. Thanks.
  • That's only possible if you use a Shortcut HUD element. E.g. you could just put one big shortcut over the whole HUD (without displaying any content) to fire the assigned ability when clicking on the HUD.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2015
    Thanks! Now I understand. Let me see if I can get it to work. :). Already half way there.
  • edited September 2015
    Following the above--

So if I have my allies (first person-they don't spawn in the battlefield but they can fire spells and tapping on their icon fires their main ability--and they have health bars) --

showing their images across the bottom of the screen via a player HUD--and there is a hotbar with slots above each so if you tap over their image you can use the spell they have in battle----

and then one of them dies-----how do I disable the ability to tap on their "dead" image and keep their ability from firing?

• Dead combatants shouldn't be able to fire abilities anyway ...
  • edited September 2015
    Never mind. I made a mistake.