edited November 2013 in Announcements
And it's released

Details here.

ORK Framework 2.0.0.beta13 - currently in development

Features of the next upate:
  • Events: The destroy prefab step will get a 'Destroy After Time' option.
  • Node Editor: Grid placement!
  • Abilities/Items: Override a battle event's prefabs and audio clips, allowing to share events between different abilities/items.
  • Damage Dealers: Add tags to damage dealers, simply activate them through defining their tag in the activation step (or in the ability's/item's settings for auto activation).
  • Status Values: Normal type status values get the 'combined value' option.
    You can use a formula to calculate the final value of the status value - but it's recommended to only use Normal type status values in the formula, as it wont always react to changes to other values.
  • Animation Types: New default animation type Critical Damage will be available - automatically plays when a combatant receives a critical hit.
  • Menu Settings: The Default Combatant Choice Layout settings let you define, well, the default layout for combatant choices - this will be used by battle menus and combatant selections. You can either use a simple name/icon button, or create a more complex choice using HUD elements (status information, etc.).
Special new feature: Phase Battles
Yes, the 4th battle system type will make it into beta13!
Phase battles will simply pack all members of a faction participating in battle into their own phase in which they can choose and perform their actions. The order of the phases is either sorted by Name or ID, or calculated by formula (either sum of all members, or the member with the highest result).
It's basically just like the turn based battles - but every faction will perform their actions in one phase. And the order in which a faction performs their actions is free, so you can choose when which combatant will perform it's action.

More as it happens :)
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • yay for grid placement!
    I'm old and mean...hiss~hiss~
    Chris
  • edited November 2013
    Those features look great so far. :D

The damage dealers remind me of something: I can't remember, but I seem to remember you mentioning in the Unity thread about making every scene automatically a combat zone, or something like that. In my case, as a action-RPG metroidvania, I obviously want the player to be able to attack, take damage and use items at any point in the game. Was I misunderstanding that post? Forgive me, I still only have a very loose understanding of how RTB in ORK works. :P

I should be able to create damaging terrain (such as spikes) and enemy collision damage by using damage dealers, right?

Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • I don't think every scene should automatically be a combat zone. I like having areas where monsters don't spawn and I find it can cause problems if they spawn too near the spawn point in a scene.
  • @Kirb
    Yep, the auto real time battles will come - don't know when yet, but soon :)

@Catacomber
    Don't worry, that's an optional feature :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Grid placements eh well im impressed however there's a feature request ill ask later when ORK is out of beta.
  • You can request features right away - depending on the feature it may even be better to add it before the beta ends :)
  • Would it be possible to allow the player to have a full control on his inventory?
    Players like to put their potions in a corner on the inventory, sort out weapons, armors, items ...
    I try to take control but it look likes it's not (yet) possible :)
  • edited November 2013
    @Frogames
    That's on my to-do list, but don't know when I'll come to that yet ...

Btw, beta13 will be released soon. I need some of the features for the next game tutorial :D
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • fine the request i have is to Integrate ORK With Unity multipurpose avatar UMA http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/153689-procedural-character-generation
  • New stuff: Animation Types
    New default animation type Critical Damage will be available - automatically plays when a combatant receives a critical hit.

Special new feature: Phase Battles
    Yes, the 4th battle system type will make it into beta13!
    Phase battles will simply pack all members of a faction participating in battle into their own phase in which they can choose and perform their actions. The order of the phases is either sorted by Name or ID, or calculated by formula (either sum of all members, or the member with the highest result).
    It's basically just like the turn based battles - but every faction will perform their actions in one phase. And the order in which a faction performs their actions is free, so you can choose when which combatant will perform it's action.

@Cynel1
    Ok, that's something for after the beta :D
  • edited November 2013
    good to know so you know about UMA right.
    Post edited by Cynel1 on
  • Yes, I've heard of it - it shouldn't be that hard to make created characters in UMA useable in ORK, but that's something for after the beta :)
  • edited November 2013
    Wow, seriously GIL. You are so feature request friendly.
    I'm still a beginner in ORK, so I don't really have any requests, so keep up the good work!

And I've notice you post in here a lot quicker than in the ORk Unity Forum to help with problems. Keep it up too!
    Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • Yes, I love the speediness of GiL's replies here! Thanks again for the consideration, GiL!