edited September 2015 in Announcements
Makinom 1.2.0 is here: release notes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next big update for Makinom is on it's way (release next week), introducing Machine Stacks:
  • Machine Stacks
    You can add machines/schematics to a machine stack and execute them in the order they're added to the stack.
    Use keys (like with found/global objects) to have separate machine stacks. Machine stacks are used through schematics.
  • Schematic Nodes: Start Machine Stack
    Starts executing a machine stack. The machines on the stack will be played in the order they're added.
  • Schematic Nodes: Stop Machine Stack
    Stops a running machine stack.
  • Schematic Nodes: Remove Machine Stack
    Removes a machine stack and all of it's machines.
    If the stack is currently running, it'll be stopped.
  • Schematic Nodes: Clear Machine Stack
    Removes all machines from a machine stack.
    The currently running machine on the stack isn't influenced by this.
  • Schematic Nodes: Reverse Machine Stack
    Reverses the order of the machines on a stack.
  • Schematic Nodes: Shuffle Machine Stack
    Randomly sorts the machines on a machine stack.
  • Schematic Nodes: Add Machine To Stack
    Adds a schematic/machine to a machine stack.
    The machine can be added, inserted at a defind index or replace other machines.
  • Schematic Nodes: Remove Schematic From Stack
    Removes a machine using a defined schematic from a machine stack.
  • Schematic Nodes: Remove Object From Stack
    Removes a machine using a defined game object as machine object or starting object from a machine stack.
  • Schematic Nodes: Remove From Stack
    Removes a machine at a defind index from a machine stack.
  • Schematic Nodes: Is Machine Stack Running
    Checks if a machine stack is running.
  • Schematic Nodes: Machine Stack Exists
    Checks if a machine stack exists.
  • Schematic Nodes: Machine Stack Count
    Checks the number of machines added to a machine stack.
  • Schematic Nodes: Stack Contains Schematic
    Checks if a schematic is used by a machine in a machine stack.
  • Schematic Nodes: Stack Contains Object
    Checks if a game object is used by a machine (as machine or starting object) in a machine stack.
So, what can machine stacks be used for?
E.g. for turn based systems to execute actions in a certain order, or give commands to an enemy that should be followed.
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Looks great! Augh, I can't wait to do some Makinom stuff.

I'm thinking of adding a bunch of retro NES-style games in Dead Gear that you can find and play, maybe I can whip them up with Makinom..
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Makinom 1.2.0 is here: release notes
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Wonderful!
    Really what i needed for my prototype, so i can have separated machines for enemy turn!

Thanks you!

A side question: as i am used with ORK to have the package directly by mail (at the same moment you release it), how much have i to wait through Asset Store? I am trying to download the new version but the package seems empty and it is not enlightened as an update.
  • The package is available in the asset store as soon as they update it, sometimes that's within a few minutes, sometimes within a few hours.
    You'll get the new version if the version number of the asset store matches the released version. Also, keep in mind that this version requires Unity 5.2, i.e. you'll only get the update if you download it with Unity 5.2 :)