edited March 2014 in General Discussion
Hello!
I am a newbie Unity developer, and i found out this wonderful framework. I tried the demo, and honestly it is amazing what it can do just with basic settings... I'm going to purchase it, no doubts, but i'd like to ask a couple of things before:
- from Asset Store, i noticed 3 different products: Ork RPG kit, Ork Framework, Ork Menu/shop extension. To understand better: must i purchase the framework only? From what i got RPG kit should be the previous version of framework 2.0, shouldn't it? And about the menu/shop extension, is it already included, or is it a separate purchase?
- where do you suggest to purchase from? For updates, changes etc...
- do you think would require a lot of work to set up a simple 2d battle system, like the ones in FF series or other Jrpg? I'm almost a newbie at scripting, i just started learning. :)

Thanks for your attention!
Have a nice day!

Kaem
  • ORK Framework is the new version of ORK Okashi RPG Kit, so you only need to purchase this.
    ORK 1 initially had no shop and menu system, so those have been added through an extension (MSE).

It's up to you where you want to purchase it, the price is more or less the same and you'll receive updates in my shop and in the Asset Store. I personally would get more money if you buy it in my shop, because Unity takes 30 % :)

Setting up a classical FF battle system is not more effort than setting up a more modern one. It's mostly just some small settings to change, e.g. the difference between the combatants making a step forward and attack (like in old FF titles) and running to the target and attacking is simply using a different event node.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks!
    I'll buy The framework from your site, if it awards you more revenues!
    And thanks for tips about battle system! :)
  • Thanks, I appreciate it :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!