Hi GiL!

With both Legacy and New GUI I am having issues with how Ork is handling the GUI resizing. I would love to have a resize option that allows me to use "Constant Pixel Size" with a Reference Pixels Per 100 just like Unity itself has. This would mean that Ork would always keep the UI at the same pixels regardless of what screen size

As you can see here..... This is the GUI in 1920x1080 as it should be:

image[img]http://i.imgur.com/C4Hmr80.jpg[/img]

Then if I change to 5:4 then my own new GUI healtbar and actionbar background remains the same pixelsize (It just takes up more of the screen), but Ork's action bar gets messed up since it makes it own resizing which isn't appropriate. See picture below:

So by using the same thing as unity has with the "Constant Pixel Size" then the compability between those would be much better and the problems solved.

Could you please fix this GiL?

Best regards!

/Mikael
  • Did you try the No Scale GUI scaling mode in Game > Game Settings?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2015
    Ohh well.... no I have not tried that.....

Cause you recommended me to use the stretch to fill ;) So I converted from my No Scale to Stretch to fill, which took a LOOONG time. So I am reluctant to revert back now just to test this since I know it's gonna take a long time. Is it possible to make individual scaling settings one each gui box? Then I could just set no scaling on the actionbar and the problem would be solved :)

Or is it any way to make the Unity Canvas to scale the exact same way that your Scale to Fit does? It's when these two are not matching when I get the problem. So either use no scaling and redo all gui again. Or maybe more preferably get the new ui canvas to scale the same way as Ork by adding a custom script on that canvas and replace the exiting Unity Canvas Scale script. I think I would prefer the latter option tbh because I like the stretch to fill too and it would most likely be even better if I could have that stretch to fill on my custom New UI canvases as well.

Also I noticed something weird...

When using no scale and upper center as GUI Anchor then the graphics & sharpness takes a hit... making the GUI to look a bit "dull", but if I use GUI Anchor of upper left, then the graphics look crisp and clear again. What's causing this?
    Post edited by thrilled on
  • There's currently no individual scaling for GUI boxes. I'll look into it.

If your spheres are part of the box prefab you're using for the actionbar's GUI box, it should be scaled with the GUI box automatically (unless you did something special there).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • gamingislove said: There's currently no individual scaling for GUI boxes. I'll look into it.
    trying to figure this out i asked for this when i was having the same issue and you told me no need to fix something thats not a bug....but now your willing to look into giving them individual scaling.. sigh....
    new website can be found here http://www.fore-loregames.com

Follow the game Development on Twitter https://twitter.com/Fore_Lore_Games

or check out the face book page here https://www.facebook.com/ForeLoreGames
  • edited October 2015
    Well let us be glad that he is doing it :)
    Post edited by thrilled on
  • If your spheres are part of the box prefab you're using for the actionbar's GUI box, it should be scaled with the GUI box automatically (unless you did something special there).
    Hmmm since I am back to legacy on the Ork GUI parts, then I am not using any prefabs for the Ork GUI... I just have the spheres custom made and ofc I could make a prefab from them though. And to get it to work since legacy is always on top over New GUI.. then I have the new gui stuff more or less as backgrounds... so I can't have any legacy stuff to show up over the new ui stuff cause that would make it to stay on top over the new ui stuff. That's the trade off when mixing the legacy and new ui... but I couldn't get the spheres working in legacy. However it's working just fine as this mix since I am aware of this.

Ohhh what do you think is causing the change of quality on the gui between upper left and upper center setting when using No Scale?

That will ofc not be a problem if you add the functionality to individually scale the gui boxes since then I can barely not see any reason to not use stretch to fill ;)