RicRic
edited October 2015 in ORK Support
I want my character to be always facing the mouse position.
Is that possible to be done with the Ork player controls or do i need a custom control script for that?
Post edited by Ric on
  • Maybe with some workarounds and using events it could be possible, but i suggest you trying to attach a custom control component, with whom you can achieve easily what you want and you have full control with ORK. :)
  • Thx for the suggestions. :)
  • ORK's player controls don't support this, either use a custom control script, the event system or another product (e.g. Makinom, facing the mouse cursor is explained in the survival shooter tutorial).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Can i make the player face the mouse position when attacking?
  • That can be done in the battle event of your attack ability. E.g. use a Raycast To Variable step to store the ground below the mouse cursor into a variable and a Rotate To step to rotate the player to the position.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • RicRic
    edited October 2015
    Works great.
    Thx for the help :)

Edit: I just noticed that the other combatants also turns to my mouse position while attacking.
    Do i need to create another attack event for the other combatants?
    Post edited by Ric on
  • Either use separate attacks for player and enemies, or do a check on the user if it's the player (there should be a step for that) before rotating.
  • Everything is working now,thanks. :)