edited October 2015 in Announcements
ORK Framework 2.5.7 is here: release notes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next update for ORK Framework is on it's way - release probably end of this week or next week!

Biggest updates are Music Channels, Combatant Types and ability/item Reuse Block Scopes.
  • Music Channels, Storing Music
    Play different music clips at the same time using music channels.
    Each channel can be used as the current music system, e.g. fade between tracks and storing the currently playing clip+position.
    Additionally, you can now store multiple clips per channel using IDs.
    E.g. you store the field music when going into battle with ID 0, but you need to store the battle music because you want to play a dramatic clip during a special attack. Store the battle music with ID 1, play your clip, play stored ID 1 and after the battle, play stored ID 0 to return to the field music.
    These new features bring new settings where music playback is handled, e.g. the Music Player component, audio steps, menu screens and shops.
  • Crafting Recipes
    Crafting recipes can now have an optional Critical Outcome.
    You can define a critical chance, if the chance succeeds, the new Critical Outcome items will be created instead of the regular ones. E.g. useful if you want something like high quality item crafting or create a higher quantity by chance.
  • Player Controls: Mouse
    You can now optionally respawn the cursor prefab each time it's positioned.
    Useful if e.g. your cursor is a particle effect that's playing once.
  • Weapons, Armors: Prefabs
    The new Local Rotation setting for the Viewer Prefabs will optionally use the rotation offset as local rotation of the game object.
    This should help with positioning your equipment in Equipment Viewer components.
  • Combatant Types
    The new Combatant Types sub-section in the Combatants section allows creating combatant types, which (naturally) are used by combatants to add types :D
    Like the other types, combatant types can be sub-types of other combatant types.
  • Status Requirements
    You can check if a combatant's Combatant Type is or isn't a defind type.
    Also, the Class check can now check if the combatant is or isn't of the defined class.
  • Quest Tasks: Requirements
    The Enemy Kills requirement can now optionally use Combatant Types, e.g. a quest task's finish requirement can be set to kill 3 Blob type enemies, which include different combatants (e.g. Blue Blob, Red Blob and Super Blob).
  • Item Collectors: Box
    The Box type item collectors can now optionally Auto Take All items that are in the box without opening the item box dialogue.
  • Combatant Spawners
    Area spawners (i.e. using triggers) can now use Position Rounding to automatically round the spawn position (X/Z axis, Y axis depends on the raycast) to whole numbers.
    Useful if you're working on classic 2D grid like systems.
  • Abilities, Items: Reuse Blocks
    You can now optionally set the Scope of the blocked ability/item.
    I.e. you can either only block the ability/item, block all of the same ability/item type, block all of the same root type (i.e. the uppermost ability/item type in the type tree and all it's sub-types) or block all abilities/items.
    E.g. useful for general action cooldowns, like using an offensive magic ability blocks all other offensive magic abilities for 10 seconds but still allows using support magic abilities.
    Those options are also available in the Block Ability Reuse and Block Item Reuse event steps.
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • wow these seem like really nice upgrades! thank you so much for all your hard work!
  • Yesss, thank you for adding those music options. It'll make adding ambiances and other things so much easier!
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Also coming:
    • Combatant Types
      The new Combatant Types sub-section in the Combatants section allows creating combatant types, which (naturally) are used by combatants to add types :D
      Like the other types, combatant types can be sub-types of other combatant types.
    • Status Requirements
      You can check if a combatant's Combatant Type is or isn't a defind type.
      Also, the Class check can now check if the combatant is or isn't of the defined class.
    • Quest Tasks: Requirements
      The Enemy Kills requirement can now optionally use Combatant Types, e.g. a quest task's finish requirement can be set to kill 3 Blob type enemies, which include different combatants (e.g. Blue Blob, Red Blob and Super Blob).
    • Item Collectors: Box
      The Box type item collectors can now optionally Auto Take All items that are in the box without opening the item box dialogue.
    • Combatant Spawners
      Area spawners (i.e. using triggers) can now use Position Rounding to automatically round the spawn position (X/Z axis, Y axis depends on the raycast) to whole numbers.
      Useful if you're working on classic 2D grid like systems.
    • Abilities, Items: Reuse Blocks
      You can now optionally set the Scope of the blocked ability/item.
      I.e. you can either only block the ability/item, block all of the same ability/item type, block all of the same root type (i.e. the uppermost ability/item type in the type tree and all it's sub-types) or block all abilities/items.
      E.g. useful for general action cooldowns, like using an offensive magic ability blocks all other offensive magic abilities for 10 seconds but still allows using support magic abilities.
      Those options are also available in the Block Ability Reuse and Block Item Reuse event steps.
    I'm currently looking into where combatant types could be useful additionally (beside the obvious bestiary menu, which I'll be working on soon) - if you've got an idea, let me know :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Amazing!

About combatant sub-tipes, maybe you could focus in making a possible transition smother, with variables or stats like experience. I was thinking about an easy evolution system or a trasformation usable i.e. in multiple boss battle... These are just speculation, i need to use it before being sure of what combatant subtipes can adapt to. :-)

Hover, great update!!!
  • edited October 2015
    I like the Class check. : ) And everything else. A class subtype would be useful. Forgive me if I missed that we have that already. I've been working on graphics for a new game and playing various new games to get a feel for what is new. I set it up using variables. For example, your Fighter could be an Elf, a Drow, a Dragonkin or anything else. : )

So can you damage only certain combatant sub types with a spell or weapon? Spawn multiples of a combatant sub type? Remove combatant sub types from the spawn area with a spell or anything else? Let a combatant sub type learn a new spell or attack? Have a spell reduce the effects or bonuses of a combatant sub type. Set them peaceful? Am I understanding what combatant subtypes are? : )
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • @Catacomber
    Well, if those things where possible before with other checks (e.g. class, combatant or status value), you can also do that with combatant types :)
  • Do we have Class subtypes? Just asking. : ) Can we set a monster type peaceful?
  • gamingislove said: The Box type item collectors can now optionally Auto Take All
    Our players will truly thank you for this. :)
  • @Catacomber
    No class sub-types, since classes aren't types :)
    Monster being peaceful is up to it's faction and sympathy toward the player's faction.
  • Combatant subtypes and the block scope updates are the best thing I've read all week.
    My little chunk of the internet: http://artemic.com
  • ORK Framework 2.5.7 is here: release notes

Main features:
    - combatant types
    - music channels
    - ability/item reuse block scopes
    - critical crafting outcomes
  • Looks great! Will update later today. :D
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • edited October 2015
    Thanks, gil, as always for your updates. I still haven't updated to the latest version of Unity but I appreciate all the wonderful new features you always add and eventually I get to use them. : ) Right now I'm putting in a new game so staying with old stuff. Just because I'm putting in the basics and terrains and then I'll get to the new stuff.

Thanks for always being there for us and for all the updates. I haven't had to ask you for help in a bit but I'm so glad you're there if I need to.
    Post edited by Catacomber on