Hello!
I am setting up a prototype and i have some issues with decimal numbers: i am using grid movement so i use only integer numbers, but when i try to spawn combatant i found no option to have them without decimal position. As my movenet is fixed (+1 or -1 in x and y), the placement becomes quite weird...
Is there any way to prevent ORK using totally any decimal numbers in scene? Even a workaround would be nice, i would like just to use numbers as 1,2,3 while spawning combatants. Even if fixed position with camera wouldn't bother me as in 2D games with Unity is better not to have decimals...
Thanks. :)
  • The positions (Vector3) in Unity are decimal numbers, no way around that.
    If you define the position e.g. as X=1, Y=0, Z=5, that's exactly what ORK will set it to.

Where/how are you using it that you get issues?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Sorry, i missed to tell you.. I am referring to combatant spawner area... Enemies are also spawned in middle positions and it messes up with my grid. :-)

A side question, can the enemy respawn in area or single spawner be set as endless? Like always having an enemy after a fixed amount of time.

Thanks. ^^
  • Yeah, combatant spawners randomly spawn them within the trigger. I can add rounding options in the next update to spawn them on whole number positions.
    Otherwise you'll need to use combatant spawners without triggers, e.g. using the recently added option to define multiple spawn points.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I will have a look to that option! But if you could add rounding to spawn positions it woulb be perfect! :-)

About an endless spawn (i mean having an enemy or a group respawn after the same time of previous one death), can i set it up somehow?
    Thanks again GiL. :-)
  • If you enable the Respawn options, the combatants will respawn after death every time. Unless you're using scene IDs or variable conditions :)