Let's say a human enemy combatant has multiple damage zones for Head, Left Arm, Right Arm, Body, and Legs. When the enemy uses an ability, let's say a sword attack with his right arm. Is there a way to make the ability only cancelable when you target the enemy's right arm?
  • Hm, I don't think that's currently possible. Will look into it, e.g. through a new node to cancel ability casts.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks! This would be extremely beneficial to one of the ideas I have!
  • Will be in the next update.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2015
    Really?! This is amazing! Thanks a billion!
    Post edited by Griffin on
  • edited November 2015
    Btw, is there a way to make individual damage zones part of the target menu and name them individually in turn-based combat? It's a pretty important feature since the idea I have is meant for active-time combat.
  • No, that's currently not possible.
  • Argh. This is saddening. Will something like that ever be in the pipeline for the framework?
  • It's on my todo list - hadn't yet thought of a good way to do this, using damage zones seems like a good idea :)
  • That's comforting to know. I have this really totally awesome idea. I await the release!
  • edited November 2015
    Since I'm dealing with Damage Dealers and Damage Zones, I have hit an issue. I can't use the Calculate step, in which I have no option for additional "Next" steps. I don't have to worry about the "Miss" or "Critical", since Damage Animation Types can handle those, but I am concerned about the "Block". I wanted to call an animation for when the target is hit when a Block Chance occurs, something like a shield recoil. As far as I know, there is no Animation Type for that, so I'm unsure of a workaround.

Another issue with this; without the Calculate step, I can't override the target's damage animation. I had plans to play a Combatant Animation through a game event on a damage zone (attacking the Left Arm's damage zone would play an damage animation reflecting the left arm being hit). I could do this, but then, wouldn't both the default damage animation and the Combatant Animation event play simultaneously?
  • You can use battle events to animate damage dealers as well. There are Animate settings in the damage dealer settings for abilities/items. When using battle events, you need to use a Calculate step in the damage dealer's events in order to do the calculations.
    In the event, you can use the optional Block slot of the Calculate node and play a block animation there, as well as do the other stuff, e.g. shoving back.
  • Griffin said: Btw, is there a way to make individual damage zones part of the target menu and name them individually in turn-based combat? It's a pretty important feature since the idea I have is meant for active-time combat.
    Long time no see! Is there an ETA for this? I imagine it's taking sometime due to the grid battle implementation. Just wanted to make sure if this was in the pipeline.
  • Well, it's on the list, along with a lot of other things - no ETA on this :)
  • edited March 2017
    Heya, Gil! Is this still in the pipeline? Sorry for the harassment!
    Griffin said: Btw, is there a way to make individual damage zones part of the target menu and name them individually in turn-based combat? It's a pretty important feature since the idea I have is meant for active-time combat.
  • Well, yes, it's still on the list with no ETA :D